BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Chicago/Milwaukee to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Chicago/Milwaukee to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kammi pelant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone have any advice on getting to Bonaire from either Milwaukee or Chicago? It seems AJ is the only way??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1053) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

American flies from Chicago to San Juan, then SJ to BON. Depending on when you go, the days of the week the SJ - BON flight operates varies.

I've used that routing (originating in Rochester, NY) about 6 times, without any major problems, delays. Except, of course, last week -- which couldn't be blamed on AA as the airport in Chicago was closed for a while due to bad weather. To give AA due, they dealt with it well -- transferring our flight to Indianapolis and then taking us on to Chicago the following day. I don't see what else they could have done, and they handled it all with grace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kammi pelant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA seems to be higher than AJ (which I've read horror stories on) Do you recommend that we fly AA despite the higher cost?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #81) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our daughter has flown A/A from Chicago 3 times. Twice through Miami to San Juan and once to San Juan directly. She has never had any trouble with A/A. Try the A/A website, sometimes they have better rates than the so-called discount sites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji Beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 7:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Actually,

Now AE does the San-Juan - Bonaire route every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #311) on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

IF, and I'll repeat IF Air Jamaica gets it's act together, the ORD-BON run was FANTASTIC the two times I did it in '01 and '02. It IS an early departure from Chicago, but you get to Bonaire in mid afternoon and we didn't depart until LATE afternoon which let you dive the morning before. check your bags before noon and then go have a nice lunch and final visit around the island before departure time.

I have come to understand that things have definitely changed since then, but hope springs eternal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron R (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are flying out the AJ Chicago to MBJ to Bonaire flight next week Thursday. I will post how it all went when we return (I hope it will be a good posting)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #686) on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also suggest to people that they check into locals sales from their airport to Aruba and then take BonairExpress. My son and a friend got a REAL good special Philadelphia to Aruba and then BE to Bonaire. The whole RT fare was just over $500.00! It pays to do a little investigation!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #443) on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 10:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Randy, has it really been that long ago that we met up? Seems impossible! Hope you are doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #312) on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mary,

It surprises me too! These two bad habits of mine (eating daily and living indoors) have prevented my return. But who knows, maybe some day these Lotto tickets I keep buying will strike gold.

It is also striking to me how fresh the memories remain of this special place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron R (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well it's Wed. afternoon and we are off for Chicago for our AJ flight early tomorrow morning. Keeping our fingers crossed for a worry free flight. This time tomorrow we will be on the beach in Bonaire. (I hope!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron R (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Read my posting titled "Our A.J. ordeal" for what happened on our return flight home from MBJ to ORD. Flight down to BON was glitch free (maybe because Ryan Air took over the flight down there).

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration