BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica today
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Air Jamaica today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1747) on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 8:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica arrived 5 min. early and left right on time...GOOD NEWS..for today..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #176) on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, I'm sure you're referring to the flights arriving and departing Bonaire? Could it be that they finally hit rock bottom, couldn't sink any lower and finally started to come back to life? Though it's late for us, I do hope they keep it up and ease the minds of those who are heading for the island in the near future. I will check the flight from MB and see how they do. Although I'm still a bit skeptic, I can't help but feel somewhat optimistic. I REALLY do hope this is the turning point. Thanks for the update. Coach Izzy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Webb (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 10:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Anne . We're flying AJ outta FLL on April 29 and need encouragement!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Lorentz (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 2:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rock bottom was MY trip home. Our 4 pm flight to Mo' Bay went to Curacao first -- surprise!!! Then our 6:10 to Newark became a 7:30pm while we were in Bonaire -- okay, fine. Then when we landed in Mo' Bay, it was an 8:15, then a 9:15. We finally took off at 9:45. AJ cancelled the 8:15 to JFK and needed to delay our flight to Newark to get all of the JFK people onto our flight. Home at 2:30 am this morning, instead of 9:15 pm last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen,
Wow the aj flight info from their website stated the jfk flight departed mbj 6:20 and arrived at jfk at 9:52. They even have incorrect info on their site. What a shame. Thanks for the updated info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Lorentz (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Friday, April 1, 2005 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The couple sitting next to my son told me that their flight to JFK was cancelled and they were being re-routed to Newark. Your information from the website is indeed odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #178) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 2:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen, sounds very much like our trip back. We returned home March 27th. MB to Curacao, dump Curacao bound passengers, pick-up MB bound Curacao Passengers, then onto Bonaire, release the Bonaire bound passengers, pick-up the MB bound passengers, wait to see if there's room for Stand by, sort paper work, leaving Bonaire at nearly 6:30 pm, Leave MB around 10:45 pm, combining EWR, JFK, and Philly, Arrive Newark around 2:55 am, After customs and the wait for the bags, and filing a form for one that did not arrive (we considered ourselves lucky since some people did not get ANY of their bags) we saw the JFK and Philly people getting Bus Shuttled to their final destinations. We got home at 4:00 am. They've indeed hit rock bottom, and I doubt they can get any worse, or can they? Annie's report brings a light of hope, so let's see. Coach Izzy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Lorentz (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Saturday, April 2, 2005 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Coach, never doubt that AJ can find a way to make it worse. You're tempting the Travel Gods.
How about arriving 6 hours late AND losing your bags. It can always get worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Tate (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, April 3, 2005 - 4:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We bought travel guard insurance for our trip in june, anyone ever make a claim for all the trouble with AJ air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #264) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 2:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We returned home on AJ March 31, Thrusday. We left Bonaire 20 minutes early. After boarding, they informed us we were stopping in Curacao to pick up passengers and then we had a full plane to Montego Bay. Got to Bo Bay at 5:50 and were told we would be taking the same plane to Boston and would board about 6:20. There seemed to be a problem with mechanics working on a wheel as we watched out the window. We actually took off at 7:30 and got into Boston at 11:15. The plane was only 1/4 to 1/3 full. I had a whole row of seats to sleep on. Before takeoff they moved us all over the plane to balance the load.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4775) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 6:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

James, I don't believe the insurance covers delays such as this. We always purchase our own coverage and a few years ago we were delayed in arriving on Bonaire (stuck in MB overnight...long story) and the coverage did not cover that at all....only if we had lots of out of pocket expenses and we did not as AJ paid for it all.

You might want to read the policy and call them for more details, tho.

I hope we all make it down and back without too much incident on AJ! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1749) on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will check as I am a sales rep for Travel Guard. I do not think flight issues such as JM's is covered...Will report back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Tate (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 8:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I bought the most expensive coverage which I was told covers delays over 6 hours.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration