BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Tracking Air Jamaica Flights
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Tracking Air Jamaica Flights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #467) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last November I made reservations for April on AJ before all the latest problems people have been experiencing. At this time I still plan to go keeping well in mind that the actual travel will probably much more difficult than any other of my trips to Bonaire on AJ, AA and even ALM. In the past I have tracked flights of friends heading in both directions by using the link on the AJ website but recently when trying to track flights between MB and Bonaire and MB and Boston I only get a message that no information is available even when I am checking within the flight time window. I have tried other websites all whom post a "Check with the airline" when looking for AJ. If someone knows of another site I would really appreciate knowing about it -- and Mark would appreciate it even more as he needs to come from Vermont to Boston to pick me up when I return. No sense in him leaving home for the 2 hour trip if the flight is sitting in Jamaica. He is already being very unselfish about the fact he can't join me on this trip so I would like to make the pick up in Boston as painless as possible for him!! Thanks, Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Davison (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan,

This requires a subscription but is VERY NICE!

http://www.flightexplorer.com/

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Grover (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 1:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan,
If you go to AJ's home page www.airjamaica.com there is a link to virtuallythere.com to track flights. It is not just AJ flights, but all airlines. It looks like it is part of the Sabre system.

Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #468) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob ... thank you, I will look into a subscription.

Robert ... thank you also. The link you cited is the one I have been using as it worked well in the past but now virtually there continually posts that no info is available for AJ flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go to the aj site, click booking, go to bottom of page the track flights. Todays MB to BON is in the air now. This gives you actual times of flights. Best info I've found. You have to be careful when they combine flights and know the correct flight number. Seems the outgoing aj flights are okay, it's the returns that are all messed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Brown (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My anxiety about AJ is rising as I read each post. I am booked on The saturday flight from ATL-MB-Bon. The Atlanta leg was already canceled but picked up by Delta. I am crossing my fingers that some good "karma" will get to Bon sometime on Saturday though I love Red Stripe, I have no desire to spend the night in MB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #437) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, let us know how it goes. We fly out of ATL in May-my anxiety is up there too. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also have found a way to track some AJ flights. Delta and AJ are codeshare partners so if you go to Delta's site you can track at least the Bon-MB and MB- Bon. The MB-Bon only left 16 minutes late today :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pritchard (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am going to BON the week of July 4th, and this has me very concerned. Last year our group had a 2hr. delay at MBJ(which was supposed to be a 1hr. layover), but no problems otherwise. I will keep an eye on this site and AJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks, like yesterdays flights from mbj to phl, jfk went out on time, ewr didn't get out till 8:30pm and landed aroung midnight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1261) on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And the MB-> Boston landed a couple of minutes early. Yay! Maybe they're cleaning up their act!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4806) on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 9:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, again, guys....any updates from recent travelers? How's the Newark to MB to Bonaire run doing lately??

Anyone on the LAX run to MB and Bonaire recently, too? I think Cynde was, right??

Travelling with AJ soon and seeking current reports on AJ travel to and from Bonaire....stop.....cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1472) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Carole,

When are you going to Bonaire? I will be leaving Phila. to Mobay then Bonaire on May 4-11. Will let you know. Short visit, lots of business on island to tend to. Maybe we can meet up. Debbie :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Wallace (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 5:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like AJ is laying off more pilots.
http://www.forbes.com/business/manufacturing/feeds/ap/2005/04/19/ap1958688.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4808) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 7:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Bruce...I hope this mess settles down soon!

Hi, Debbie....Looks like you will be back in the states by the time we arrive on Bonaire....we'll have to catch up on the next excursion! Have a great trip....it is almost here! You are so lucky to have your own place down there....maybe someday Joe and I can do the same thing. Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration