BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Lets us know about AJ service
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Lets us know about AJ service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Breil (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Im going to Bonaire from LAX May 18 on AJ. How about posting your experiences with recent AJ travel on the Getting to Bonaire site.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make sure to have AT LEAST 2 hours for your layover in Montego Bay. Delays happened on our flights in early March - luckily to our favor (the 2nd leg was delayed both ways).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BonaireTalk Moderator (Moderator - Post #31) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 8:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Message moved here from "Trip Reports" topic area by Moderator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Birk (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 9:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we made reservations last August on AJ. We were to fly AJ from Miami to Mo Bay, then from there on to Bonaire. In Nov I checked the reservations and found they had cancelled the Miami/Mo Bay leg. I called, got things straightened away where we would fly NW to Mo Bay, overnight there, and catch the AJ Bonaire flight the next day. I was assured our credit cards would be refunded the amount for our cancelled flight in 5-8 weeks. Nothing after 8 weeks. Ran up close to $150 in phone charges, got shuffled around to different folks numerous times, with each one putting me on hold, then transferring me to another person who couldn't do anything about it. After a few such calls, I got a bit irate, and was told someone would call me back that day. 3 days later, no callback. Called again, talked to someone "in charge". Assured that we would see the refund in 5-7 working days. Nothing after 7 days. I gave up. My sister-in-law started calling, going through the same thing. After no call backs, she finally got ahold of someone "in charge" who assured her we would all see our refunds in 5-7 days. 8 days later she called again, and was told the funds were released by the airline, but the bank did not. 5-7 days, nothing. Called back, oops, the person supposed to do it was out on emergency leave and won't be back till the first of April. Ok, for the 6 people involved, that's around $1500. As far as the flight we did take, it left about an hour (and 3 gate changes no one knew about)late, had seriously uncomfortable seats, and a pair of flight attendants who were at war with each other. Return flight was noticably better. As long as I am on a roll, I would suggest avoiding Mo Bay whenever possible if you have to clear customs. They are slow and appear to not want you there. On the other hand, the officials on Bonaire greeted us with big smiles and a hearty welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #436) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you fly AJ, you don't have a choice about the layover times in Mo Bay. It's already set.

We're set to go from Atlanta on May 15th. A little nervous about it, but Liz has good points in one of the other posts. I just want to get DOWN there-coming back, I'm not so concerned. We booked this flight right before the problems started. Anyone do an Atlanta flight recently?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Tate (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 9:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are going June 4th. Raliegh to ft lauderdale to MBJ to bonaire.Our first time. We bought travel insurance through travel guard. Any one use their insurance for all these problems with Air Jamaica.Our insurance covers long delays>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gross (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I flew AJ Boston to Bonaire March 10th, no problem. Returned the 20th, left Bonaire late to Mobay, then I was put on a Pan Am plane that sat, stopped in FL for gas, and got to Boston 3 hours late, 1:30 AM. Annoying, but I've done worse. And my cab didn't show, but another limo agreed to take me home, 30 miles away. Bonaire karma accompanied me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Birk (BonaireTalker - Post #71) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 11:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Holy Crap, wouldn't you know, a $536 credit from AJ just showed up on my card this morning. Took 5 months, but what the heck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob - I bet the charges came due to your post here!! ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Birk (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just talked to my sister-in-law (an aggressive personality when pushed) and she had talked to AJ again this morning. Their response was "5 to 7 working days". Her response to this was "How about 24 hours?" It's like magic.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration