BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Aruba to Bonaire, there must be a way
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Aruba to Bonaire, there must be a way
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lynne Gudes (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am taking my first trip to Bonaire the end of April. We arrive in Aruba a bit after 7PM...I would love to get to Bonaire that night...there is a 9 PM flight on BonaireExel, already full...the 9 the next morning is full. They say there is no other way to get from Aruba to Bonaire and the first flight they have an opening on is 5PM the following day. That's a day of diving I'll miss. Divi Divi says they have no scheduled flights from Aruba to Bonaire and if I want to charter...it'll be $1,600

There MUST be another way...a mail boat...a ferry...does anyone know this?? I perused the getting to Bonaire message board and found very little. Do I have any other options to get to Bonaire from Aruba the nigh of April 29 or at least the morning of the 30th rather than waiting 'til 5PM in Aruba?? Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #250) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lynne -

You probably already have checked, but is there an option of going Aruba-Curacao-Bonaire?

I think you will find Bonaire worth the trouble, but you are now learning the reality that it is not the easiest place to get to.

And others may correct me, but I think the passenger ferry between Curacao and Bonaire no longer operates and there is no regular passenger sea transportation among the ABC islands.

At one time or another, I think we've all said "there must be a way" only to find out, short of personal charter, there's not.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lynne,
Charles has a good idea. Instead of trying to get to Bonaire, go to Curacao, from there you can get the Divi Divi across and there are more options with BonairExel as well.

Charles,
You are correct. The ferry is no longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #127) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi Divi only flies from Bonaire to Curacao and back. No flights to Aruba. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 7:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lynne, It is a true fact at this time that the airlift from Aruba to Bonaire is a bit low but is being worked on - hopefully this year there will be an ease on this situation -
The Divi charter price is for the whole aircraft and it carries 7 persons at night and 8 during sun up hours. If you can fill the aircraft your price will be lower per person - I think the price should be 1.600 guilders at 1.80 per dollar will be $.889.00 per person should be $.126 one way. Please note that the Divi price does not include airport tax - For Aruba this will be 60 Aruban florins - If Divi gave you a price for $.1.600 please let me know about this - Please let me know how many are in your party - maybe we can find a way to get you to Bonaire - Going by boat is not really an alternative you will spend about 6 to 10 hrs at sea depending on what kind of boat you go on - Unless you want to go for the fun of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Denis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 11:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know the phone numbers for Bonaire Exel and Dutch Eagle Express. Thanks much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Stan the BE number in curacao is 599 9 888 0707
There is no listing for Dutch Eagle

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration