BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: DIVI Flight Question
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: DIVI Flight Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Suzanne Olsen (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if Divi has flights to & from Bonaire to Curacao on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve? Unfortunately right now those are our arrival & departure dates.
Thanks,
Suzanne
palmtree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jill Ganderton (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #154) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Best to contact them and check, but I beleive so. We flew with them on New Years Day this year. They were great, as usual.
Jill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Biersack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 2:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

By contacting them do you mean calling the Curacao telephone number? i need to make reservations for nov bonarie->curacao
fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5371) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 11:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fred,

Either e-mail them at flydivi@interneeds.net or call them at +599-9-888-1050 - seeing as you're looking at November, e-mail will probably do :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Suzanne Olsen (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jill, we are trying to find reasonable place to stay to extend our trip until Jan. 2 or 3rd, but so far everything seems to be booked already, requires a 7 day stay or is just way to expensive for us. Will contact Divi via email to see what their schedule will be.I'll post the info when they respond.

Suzanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jill Ganderton (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #155) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suzanne, what sort of accommodation do you need (hotel room, apartment, villa?)and for how many people\nights - because it surely would be sad indeed to miss the New Years Eve fireworks!

You could try companies like Sunrentals, who rent a number of properties, and see if they can come up with anything. (We have used them twice; top notch service) There are other companies too - I'm sure some more folks will chip in with good ideas as well!
Jill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For any info on Bonaire or Curacao or St. Maarten feel free to contact me at demassoc@hotmail.com or d.mourillon@apna.an name is Davidson Mourillon - I live in Curacao

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 11:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suzanne to book your flight on the Divi Charter go to: http://www.baibini.com/passagestartseite.htm
If you need any assistance please let me know.
The aircrafts they operate is a BN-Islander 9 passengers and a Cessna 402 - 7 passengers - It is basically a walk in service - but a reservations gives you guaranty of a specific time for travelling back and forth.
Regards
Davidson

(Message edited by curchartair on March 6, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Suzanne Olsen (BonaireTalker - Post #61) on Monday, March 7, 2005 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone for your help. Jill, I have contacted Ann at Bonaire Pros she is trying to find us a place will also try Sun Rentals. Thanks for the info on them. We really do want to stay and see the fireworks. There is just me and my husband, all we need is a room with a private bath. Would like to be by the water but are open to whatever we can find thats clean and affordable. One more question, since this is our first time to Bonaire is there any area that we should avoid staying for safety/security reasons?

Thanks again everyone,

Suzanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrea & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #161) on Monday, March 7, 2005 - 7:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Suzanne, We have been going to Bonaire for the last 5 years and have not seen any area that would be dangerous to go into. Use reasonable precautions just as you would at home and you will be fine. Bonaire is a beautiful place to visit. We would love to be able to buy a place but due to family obligations are not able at this time. We will continue to visit as much as we can.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melvyn Aylor (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

To Jake or anyone who has flown Divi Divi lately,
When I contacted Divi they said they could not guarantee that our dive luggage would fit on our flight because of weight. They said they would get it on the next flights where weight would allow. Since after flying AA to CUR the only Divi flight is their last at 5pm, in anyones experience has your dive gear ever had to stay behind until later flights? There will be 7 of us flying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5402) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Melvyn,

I have not had luggage left for the next flight on Divi Divi in at least a year or two, and then it was on a mid-day flight, not the last 5pm, so we got it same day.

I would guess if they can't fit it on you'd need to pick it up the next morning. You can tell them which bags are more important than others, in my experience, so plan ahead in your packing, just in case.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 10:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Melvyn It can happen that the dive equipment can bring about the possibility that the aircraft can be overloaded. In this case the extra luggage is left behind after proper consultation with the owner of the equipment. The cessna 402 which is the aircraft Divi uses carries 7 passengers and as the aircraft is pilotted by only a captain the weight of the co-pilot allows the aicraft to take on extra baggage - otherwise the aircraft can carry 8 passengers if the passengers do not have much baggage - Divi also has a BN islander which carries 9 passengers and this aircraft has a larger baggage space. For your info after 17:00 hrs charter flights can be made - you just have to request this. If I can be of assistance please let me know.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration