BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Need Travel Agent
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Need Travel Agent
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie Edlbeck on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 8:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are planning to go to Bonaire, probably this winter and have never been there before. Does anyone know of a good internet travel agent? Thanks in advance. Bonnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 8:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bonnie, not sure where you are in the world, but Trailfinders are really very good. We book our accommodations independently, and sometimes use Trailfinders to find us the flights.. although, often it's a very good idea to call up your selected flight operator and book with them direct. They have more availability than the travel agents do:) There are many different types of accommodation on the island, go to www.infobonaire.com. Have a wonderful holiday, we'll be there this Winter too..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 9:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A suggestion for a full service agent from US would be Caradonna... I use them all the time..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wimberly on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 10:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I book my airline tickets thru Travelocity, they use Sabre - which is the same site the airlines use. They seem to give the most options and include US airport taxes and fees in the quoted price. I even was able to find routings for my sister from Rapid City, SD when her travel agent couldn't.

Look through the accomodations thread for reports on places to stay that match your requirements and the dining thread for restaurants to try. You can find everything from funky to fancy. Personally I never buy meal packages as there are too many delicious spots to eat at. Getting a place with kitchen/kitchenette is great for the budget since you can fix breakfast, lunch, snacks, the occasional dinner, and reheat leftovers from dinners out, as many places serve more than the average person can eat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Eberhard on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have used Patty Hazen once. You can find her listed on the infobonire.come site. We also used Andy at www.bonairepros.com twice. Both will provide you good service and advice. As you can see, there are many agents that can help you book a Bonaire trip. The two we have used are really good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 6:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have used Andy three times www.bonairepros.com (Great Southern Adventures) and also would highly recommend him. He knows the island and gives good advice. On a couple of trips we booked late and they were still able to get us our trip arrangements. He has also sought feedback from me about our past trips. Other travel agents for non Bonaire trips never asked me how it went after the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol at Buddy Dive on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bon Dia Bonnie! You might also want to try looking at the list of Tour Operators listed on the infobonaire web site. (look under the getting there icon) These wholesalers are all familiar with Bonaire and the different properties on Bonaire, which can make a big difference when it comes to helping you find the accommodations and packages that are the right "fit" for you. Two of the operators mentioned above, Caradonna and Great Southern Adventures are on that list, and both are very knowledgeable about our island, as all the others not specifically mentioned in this posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ehsan bin Ismail on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello to all citizens of this beautiful blue Planet Earth with much to offer. Bonaire is one of them. For those who wish to travel to Bonaire, please and all of you are most welcome to visit my website at :http//clicktravel.tripod.com. This website is specially for travellers, tourists, business persons, students, veterans and people from all walks of life. I will include Bonaire as one of my traveller's info guide in my website.
Love you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have used Caradonna Caribbean Tours in the past and they have been exceptionally helpful in planning the air and ground arrangements for us. Try them at 1-800-328-2288. I dealt with Amy. Good luck and be ready to plan many, many more trips to this wonderful Island....you will fall in love with its people, its land and its waters without a doubt...and then you will become a BonaireTalk "addict" just like the rest of us! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Bracey on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 5:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a first class site, well done to who ever set it up and all the concise contributors.
My wife is treating me to a special 6oth birthday holiday mid-January and we're looking for any advice on flying to Bonaire from the U.K. (Liverpool).
Can't wait to go snorkling at some of those amazing sites you all describe.
Many thanks for any suggestions you can pass our way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

KLM has a special arrangement via London. Also, check out Air Jamaica which has a dialy London to Montego Bay and on Sat, Sun. and Wed. there is a flight to Bonaire. Hope to see you soon and a pre HAPPY B day greeting to you.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration