BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AJ Boston/Bonaire/Boston okay today
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: AJ Boston/Bonaire/Boston okay today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 12:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Today (Saturday 2/19) I tracked the AJ flights we'll be using next Saturday to go from Boston to Bonaire (AJ48+AJ66), and from Bonaire to Boston on March 12 (AJ67+AJ49). They were all on or close to schedule. That makes me feel better.

I also checked for available seats on the flights we are taking, and the planes are FULL - not 100%, but only 3 or 4 seats show as available on each of the flights. I hope this also makes them less likely to be canceled.

David

(Message edited by bostondavid on February 20, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sonya S (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

David,
That sounds encouraging. We were initially scheduled with AJ on March 9th from Boston to Bon, and AJ cancelled the flight and booked us with AA thru San Juan. We are still scheduled to fly back on AJ to Boston on March 19. I hope your flights go as planned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1198) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 6:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For what it's worth: I just checked AJ for our flights (April 30 - May 11) Boston-Bonaire, and they went down a bit more than $70 a ticket. I of course already purchased ours, so I'm stuck with the higher price. But if you can wait, you may get a good deal... hopefully, they'll still be flying. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1698) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 6:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No Susan, u can get the difference..or you used to be able to..you have to go to the airport or have your travel agent do this..GOOD NEWS...

See you in BON Susan..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1199) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, are you sure? I called AJ, and the guy I talked to said I was SOOL (out of luck is the last part :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1699) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 9:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did airline tickets from 87-2000 and we always had to reimburse clients when fares went down..and sometimes the client had to go to the airport..this I am sure of..now who knows..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1200) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 9:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I'll see what we can do... Are you in your new place yet, Annie? See you soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 10:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's a jungle out there - We're Delta passengers on AJ, because when I went to book our dates last September, AJ was sold out on our dates, but Delta still had seats. Our cost then was $818, about $80 more than AJ. Now, Delta won't show me a price on the web for our dates (Feb 26 - March 12), but I can get them to show me March 19 - May 11 at $920, April 30 - May 11 (Susan's dates) at $761, and some dates in the middle at $785.

What are the odds that I can get them to tell me on the phone what their current price is for our dates and give me a refund if it's lower?

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 10:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sonya:

My impression is that AJ is putting their emphasis on their fully-booked weekend flights, so my guess is that your flight on March 19th will be okay. I think. Or hope.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 12:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ just showed me their fare for our dates: $826!

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sonya S (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 7:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

David,
Thank you for the reassurance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1201) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 9:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

David,

One thing I do know -- there's a window where the seats go down, usually a couple of months before the flight. By the time you get to just weeks away, the seats (if available) have gone way up again - they sell out the block they intend to sell at that fare.

Last year, I waited one day too long. Even though there were seats available still on the flight, they were no longer available at the 100 a seat less price. I called AJ to make sure - they told me they only will sell so many at that cheaper price. Same seats, mind you. Boy was I mad at myself for dilly-dallying!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nat (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 9:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I paid $570 two weeks ago for flights two weeks from now. The route is Boston-Aruba(AA non-stop), Aruba-Bonaire (BonairExel/Express). At present there are some very good fares to Aruba, granted they come with the Aruba luggage/Customs/Immigration hassle, and at the moment, some uncertainty about the Aruba/Bonaire hop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey Rein (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

David, I'm on the AJ flight out of NY 2/26 returning 3/5 so we are on the same MBJ to Bon flight. I have been monitoring it for the past 2 weeks or so and looking at the seat map and it appears to be totally full. For a while, they were showing 1 seat available and now they weren't even showing that. The US flights seem to be flying somewhat normally again which is good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey Rein (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ just cancelled Sat flight 10 2/26 from JFK to MBJ I now have to leave at 5am from JFK to atlanta on Delta to MBJ to meet the bonaire flight after the reservationist was trying to figure out what to do. He was trying to get me on American to miami with a 45 minute layover onto a flight to MBJ but wasn't sure. I had to suggest this to him to get this to work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bummerr, Jeffrey, about your cancellation, but glad you were able to make other arrangements to make the AJ flight MBJ to BON. We should be in seats 9A & C for that leg; say hi if you walk by us. Oops, I just checked your profile and saw your email address; now I'm not so sure I want to meet you. Just joking.

Was the flight from JFK also full? If so, that blasts the theory that AJ is cancelling flights that are lightly booked and concentrating on the full ones.

I've got my fingers crossed (in the secular sense) about our Sat flight from BOS. I try to convince myself that if AJ is going to cancel it, surely they would have done so by now. Right?

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey Rein (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 10:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The New York Flight was completely booked according to the seat map so that theory goes out the window. If you can check your itinerary online and you can see if they made any changes to it. it appears they tried to change the NY flight without us knowing. They were going to take the NY to Kingston flight and divert it to MBJ and hold up the Bonaire flight or take the Curacao flight and have that stop in Bonaire. You can see all of that in the itinerary changes but i guess the decided not to do that and cancelled the flight completely. If we make all of the flights we will be in seats 31 E,F so come back and say hello to us if we don't come up to you first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #263) on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 8:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I called Air Jamaica this morning to check on our flights from Boston on March 5 and the return flight on the 31st and at this time there have been no changes on those dates so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1708) on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 8:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Corney Ann, they changed our MBJ BON flight hours before ...sorry to tell you..when I go to MBJ at 5 they said out 6:30 flight would stop in ATL, we would clear customs and then get to BOS at 1:30 AM instead of 10:30..call the night before to make sure..and make sure they have a contact number in your PNR (record).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeffrey:

I earnestly hope we're both on that AJ flight into BON tomorrow.

If so, we'll say hi and "Gott sei dank" (in the secular sense, of course).

David

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration