BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New AA Schedule?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: New AA Schedule?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5325) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 9:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm in the process of trying to book some business travel from/to Bonaire, and weird stuff is happening. I was just on the phone with the American Platinum desk and they tell me that as of March 15th through April 30th, American Eagle will be flying to Bonaire from San Juan 6 times weekly (every day but Thursday), which would mean in converse that flights would leave Bonaire daily except for Fridays (since there would be no plane from Thursday night).

The on-line booking system at www.aa.com seems to confirm at least part of this based on test days I've plugged in - not that it helps me because the day I'd like to come back, the flight is overbooked.

According to the agent, as of May 1st, the schedule reverts back to SJU to BON three times a week.

Be interested in hearing any other reports on this. Sounds odd that they would boost flight frequency for only 6 weeks...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4617) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is that the peak Easter Holiday break period, maybe? It does sound odd, tho. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 4:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

if you are watching some other airlines they too have added flights during this time period. You are looking at Easter and March breaks. Here in NY across the state different areas have different weeks off in April. Plus many other states are doing the same thing for school breaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pauline Kayes (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, I just got a rt ticket from Chicago for Mar 18 and returning on March 28 and noticed also when putting in dates that there seemed to be a Bonaire flight on every day I plugged in also (except for those already sold out). Maybe it is an experiment and they are thinking of flying more than 3 times a week. That would be good news!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration