BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonaireEcel: Anyone know the cost for overweight luggage?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: BonaireEcel: Anyone know the cost for overweight luggage?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (BonaireTalker - Post #79) on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone had recent experience with the cost per pound/kilo for luggage over the allowed amount of 44lbs total, 66 lbs total for divers? Specifically, flying from Aruba to Bonaire, round trip. I have sent several emails to various addresses at BonaireExel and have yet to get a reply. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2236) on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 9:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is what I got from Bonaire Exel, but this was back in June of last year.

You just have to worry about your kilo's. In your reservation is written
that you are a diver. This means that you are allowed a total of 30
kilo's maximum. For every kilo above that it will be regarded as excess
baggage. For excess baggage they have different formulas to calculate
how much you'll have to pay. But it will never be more than a dollar per
kilo. If I'm not mistaken the max is 0.75 Us dollarcent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawna Stodddard (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 8:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ron,
I know your pain trying to get an answer via email from them. I did actually speak with a BonaireExcel employee Monday January 24, 2005. She told me it is 1 guilder for every kilo. She said that's about 60 cents for every pound.
Sure wish I could get it in writing though.
Hope that helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (BonaireTalker - Post #81) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, that helps a lot. I mostly want to pre-plan the expenses. I will be there for a month, and will arrive in Aruba with two bags of about 70 lbs each. That should be about 34 kilos overweight. At that price I'll call it cheap and be happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkeljohn (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Sunday, May 1, 2005 - 3:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How and where does one write in the reservation that one is a diver?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration