BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonairexel is Folding.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Bonairexel is Folding.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 8:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Because of the problems in the exelgroup( which will probably go bankrupt) would have been a chance that bonairexel would be gone klm and DEE (Dutch Eagle Express)which is bonairexel DEE will take the leasecontract from the exelgroup and cut themselves loose join KLM and start under a new name which will be flying several destinations from Curacao

Main point. Bonairexel will be taken over by KLM given a new name and be an Curacaoan Airline.

Just thought i'd let evry1 know because there has been many rumors, Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Voss (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 12:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The "folding" part of the title to this thread caused a bit of anxiety -- I have (paper!) tickets on BE from Aruba to Bonaire on January 30.

Based upon my Googling of the issue, I understand that KLM and BonairExel are discussing, but have not finalized, an association that will result in a new joint regional aviation company based out of Curacao. BonairExel, or Dutch Eagle Express, will disassociate from the ExelAviationGroup, which I assume currently owns part or all of BE's assets. The new regional airline will have a different name, and I presume, a new base of operations, in Curacao. I found nothing on the Internet that discussed the impact of these changes -- which imply an asset sale, a transfer of airline leases, or some other kind of corporate reorganization or restructuring -- on current and ongoing operations. In fact, I learned from my agent today that BE communicated a change in flight-time on January 30 (from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.). Somebody associated with BE still thinks there will be planes in the air on that day.

If anyone has localized, Kralendijk-originating information about these corporate goings-on, I would obviously be extremely grateful for input. I need a plane that will take me from Aruba to Bonaire on January 30. I don't care if that plane is flying the colors of BonairExel, KLM, or PeopleExpress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 6:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well it's ok Dee own all of the shares they are taking over the lease of the airplanes. DEE Says that it's going well but if it doesn't DEE will work on it's own for a little while and look 4 a partner.

I understand some ppl Are freaking but let me just rephrase that.

!!! the Name BonairExel is folding!!!

Hope this clears up your problems, Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Voss (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks. I have a feeling that I won't be completely convinced that this will all work out until we're actually on the ground in Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just returned from Bonaire and flew BE from Cur on 1/8 and returned on 1/23. BE is not "folding" but there will be name changed and some very positive changes such as a new maintenance contract. Also, they are aquiring more planes and therefore, should have a better on-time performance. There are always some problems with airlines getting to Bonaire but from my 12 year perspective BE is doing better than its predescessors. Remember, the destination is really worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marlene (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 10:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have reservations to fly between Aruba and Bonaire and Curacao in June. After 2 weeks of trying to get reservations, I got them by calling Dutch Eagle Express directly in Aruba: 011 297 583 8030. To hold the reservation, they only wanted the last name and first initial. I am to give them cash when I arrive in Aruba.

My questions:
Is Dutch EAgle Express legit? Are they the same as Bonaire Excel?

Do I have enough time to make this connection if my plane gets in at 2:20 and my flight leaves at 5:00?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Abraham (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 12:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are holding a FAX from BE with our reservations for AUA to BON 2/20 and return 2/26.
As I understand it, DEE is assuming all assets and liabilities of BE. That should all work out fine. My question is - does DEE now take credit cards? BE required cash for the round trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1975) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 1:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dennis,

It sounds as though you would do well to call the Aruba DEE number Marlene gave and confirm/remake your reservations and ask your other questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #722) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

just a reminder, call Larry at worlddive.com , he can take your cc, make your reservation , print your ticket and mail it to you.... much easier to have your ticket in hand when you get to Aruba...eliminates any question about making the 5:00 flt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Abraham (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen,
Thanks for the great suggestion. We did call and they reconfirmmed that the FAX we held is sufficient since the reservations were in the system. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marlene (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did contact Larry at Worldcive.com to actually get tickets for the DEE that I have booked but, he would charge $20/ ticket and I have 3 people
traveling 3 times that's $180. I am thinking that's allot of $.
Marlene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #723) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marlene...Larry charges for the service he provides....I've missed the BE flight in Aruba twice because I did not have a ticket in hand and had to wait in line....if $20/ticket is too much to you, keep your reservation and wait in line..good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 12:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marlene, a confirmation is as good as a paper ticket. On my recent flights I was treated just the same as those with paper tickets, we all waited and there was no preference shown. Also, both BE and the new parent take credit cards at the ticketing office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #724) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marlene,

as Geo stated, your confirmation from BE is good and they do accept CC...the only problem you can have is the time at the BE counter to get your tickets (if you are worried about making the connection)...they are not pre-printed, nor do they have the good equipment that we see in the U.S. ... also, they work at island speed...I've waited over an hour to get tickets with only 2 or 3 people in line...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration