BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Ferry From Curacao??
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Ferry From Curacao??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Stanley on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 12:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to catch a ferry/boat from Curacao to Bonaire? I'm finding it easier to find flights to Curacao and wondered if it might be better and cheaper to get to Bonaire this way!
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No ferries...if you did take one, the trip is against the wind and you probably would never forget it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antonio Ferrer on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is it that bad? Some of the sailing boats in Bonaire offer a day trip (or is it two days?) to Klein Curaçao. Are they tricking us?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 8:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The sail boats can tack and avoid rough passages...going to Klein Curacao is with the wind, but you do have to come back at some point. To date, no one offers passenger service between the islands on a regularly scheduled basis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Paugoulatos on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I seem to remember that the Insulinda(sp?)sailing ship used to make somewhat regular runs between the two islands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 10:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Insulinda is operated out of Curacao now and only comes over once every month or two on charter trips.

The Seawitch lists it as a 5 hour sail from Bonaire to Curacao which is with the wind. Their dive trip to Klein Curacao is an overnight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Brook on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was wondering about getting from Aruba to Bonaire. What would be the best/ cheapest way to do that? Sometimes when I've traveled to other places the airfares were cheaper if you brought there instead of in US. Is that true in Aruba and Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 5:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sometimes it is, depending on how long and if it is round trip...there are sometimes special fares as well. It is relatively cheap between Bonaire and Curacao, however more expensive from Aruba. If you do it as an add on with a usa ticket, it generally is cheaper.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration