BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Any Air Fare Deals?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Any Air Fare Deals?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 17, 1999 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am interested in any air fair deals to Bonaire from the USA. How much did you pay for the Miami to Bonaire or Houston to Bonaire, for what dates?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 17, 1999 - 8:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

$495 seems to be the going rate with ALM. If you need connecting flights up and down the East coast Air Tran cannot be beat! Their hub is Atlanta and they post specials. Regular RDU to Atl. and PHF to Atl. are only $47.00
Your can look up fares and schedules at WWW.Air-Tran.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Wednesday, May 19, 1999 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have had good luck with www.previewtravel.com. I have bought tickets on-line from them a couple of times. The airfare from Boston to Bonaire was $507 when I checked yesterday. That was on United - the Miami to Bonaire flight was an ALM co-share with United and has a United flight number. This means that if ALM changes anything (like times or canceling a flight), you deal with United and it's their responsibility to get you to Bonaire.
Clay L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl A. Roberts on Wednesday, May 19, 1999 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you can get to Atlanta, ALM runs airfare specials on Th to Th departures. You have to ask for it if you call ALM direct. The special fare is $299 and runs out quickly, but with advanced notice and planning you could get that. ALM also flies out of ATL on Sat and Sun, but that fare is usually in the $450 to $500's. OR, if you can get to San Juan cheaply, there are several daily flights out of San Juan on the DASH-8 service (2 engine prop, smaller, and it takes 2 hours, but really not bad! Done it 2 times now) and we paid $175 round trip SJU to CUR to BON. Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin D Polster on Tuesday, June 1, 1999 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if Air Jamaca is still planning flights into Bonaire? I remember reading about it in Portcall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter on Tuesday, June 1, 1999 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica's inaugural flight to Bonaire is still on target for Saturday June 26th, from Montego Bay, and this flight should be in all travel agent computer systems at this point. Plus, most Bonaire tour operators even have blocks of seats for this weekly flight (combined with feeders from most major U.S. cities).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By L BOYER on Monday, June 7, 1999 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Without a doubt Air Jamaica is flying to Bonaire.
You will land in Montego Bay, Jamaica first. I understand at this point in time.. Air Jam. only has a Saturday arrival & departure day to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, June 7, 1999 - 12:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Jamaica Phone Number 1-800-LOVEBIRD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, June 7, 1999 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Travel from Phila? Or Baltimore?

Looking for airfare from Phila Pa. or Baltimore Md. to Bonaire. We have used Air Aruba several times.. now they only offer very limited flights. American Airlines no longer flys to Bonaire.
Found that Air Jamacia starts a flight June 26th.
I will check ALM today.

Looking for good deals. Travel end of July or early Aug.

Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sharyn spray on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 8:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have had good luck flying from Balt to Atlanta and connecting with ALM. While ALM does not advertise or offer special fares, if you ask they sometimes have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Air Aruba from Baltimore...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By caitlin weil on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be flying from Caracas to Bonaire and can't seem to find anything under $200 RT. That sounds high. Does anyone know of a better option (either cheaper flight or by ferry)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl A. Roberts on Tuesday, June 8, 1999 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From Baltimore or Philly try getting to Atlanta on Air Tran. They have great low fares. If you can get to Atlanta, ALM runs airfare specials on Th to Th departures. You have to ask for it if you call ALM direct. The special fare is $299 and runs out quickly, but with advanced notice and planning you could get that. ALM also flies out of ATL on Sat and Sun, but that fare is usually in the $450 to $500's. OR, if you can get to San Juan cheaply, there are several daily flights out of San Juan on the DASH-8 service (2 engine prop, smaller, and it takes 2 hours, but really not bad! Done it 2 times now) and we paid $175 round trip SJU to CUR to BON. Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, June 9, 1999 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Caracus, Venezuela, via Air ALM is not that expensive if you buy the ticket in Venezuela. The phone number there is 953-7086 or 953-6424. There is no Ferry Service and if there was, the trip is against the wind and not a bit pleasant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Sunday, July 11, 1999 - 7:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me about the "twofers" Air Jamacia is offering through Sept. interested in last weeks of Aug from New York area [jfk lga or Newark]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tracy j. long on Sunday, July 11, 1999 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

any deals anyone knows about charlotte,nc to bonaire? also, we're travelling with an infant and are interested in baby sitting on the island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter on Sunday, July 11, 1999 - 8:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

To answer both Lorraine and Tracy:

The Twofer deal with Air Jamaica is out of Miami or Chicago only, as I've been informed.

As far as deals from other places, your best bet is to check with tour operators who handle Bonaire, which you can find at:

http://www.infobonaire.com/html/touroperators.html

And, Tracy, Babysitting is available through pretty much all hotels (I recommend you advise your hotel in advance of your arrival that you'll need babysitting, just to be sure they have someone readily available for you).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Monday, July 12, 1999 - 7:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the reply Jake, looking into it, always looking to come back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Nesselrodt on Tuesday, July 13, 1999 - 7:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake is right, the Air Jamaica Twofer is only from Miami and Chicago. The current fare out of Miami is US$ 438,40, Chicago is US$ 604,40. The companion pays only the taxes which amount to about US$ 35,00.

Tim W. Nesselrodt
Owner/Property Manager
Ocean View Villas
http://www.oceanviewvillas.com

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration