BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Marking luggage and finding treats
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: Marking luggage and finding treats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gates Wilson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 5:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi!

We leave for Bonaire tomorrow. We are flying on 2 separate tickets but both are with AA. Our route is Calgary-Dallas-Miami on Friday(ticket 1), and Miami-San Juan-Bonaire on Saturday(ticket 2). Do you think it would be advisable to include all our flight info on a sticker or label on the outside of our checked bags in case they get delayed somewhere along the route?

Also, we are staying at the Miami Airport Days Inn and may have some free time. Any recommendations for good eats or sights nearby?

Thank you!

Barbara Wilson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1327) on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 7:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, Probably wouldn't hurt. I always put my information including addresses and phone numbers of where I am staying inside of each piece of luggage.

Enjoy your trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 9:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Barbara!

We've been advised also to add the destination hotel (name and address for Miami, just the name for Bonaire) for each day on the luggage, in addition to the flight schedule. According to a Delta lost baggage handler, cited as the source of this recommendation, the lost bags that are clearly tagged with this info are the ones that go back on their way soonest, before the bags that require look-up or detective work.

I don't like to put my home address in plain view, so I omit it for the return flights - besides, I'm not so much in a hurry to retrieve my dirty laundry back home.

Have a great time in Bonaire (I'm sure you will), and let me know if my memory was right about the face clothes.

Best,

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gates Wilson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 12:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Fellahs,

I am doing last minute organizing now, and I will be sure to include our flight and destination info in plain view for the baggage handlers.

9 hours to lift off!!

Barbara

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration