BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire via Portland Oregon
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Bonaire via Portland Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Herold (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 11:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whats the fastest way to Bonaire from Portland Oregon??

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #153) on Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 4:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Private jet. Other than that, it is probably requires either an overnight or a red eye.

I fly from Seattle and here are my typical options:
a) Air Jamaica from LAX to MBJ and then to Bonaire. You could also go to Atlanta and then catch AJ. Red eye there and probably an overnight on the way back.
b) American to SJU via some american city (i.e., DFW, New York, etc.) and then to Bonaire on American Eagle. I typically depart SEA around 11:55pm and arrive in Bonaire the next day at about 8pm. The departure leaves very early from Bonaire and arrives very late (same day) in Seattle. This is what I typically fly.
c) American to Curaco via Miami. Then Divi Divi or BE to Bonaire. This would probably be the fastest.

To do the research:
a) Download the AA timetables and check them out.
b) Try the various websites: AJ, Delta, AA plus Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia.
c) Routes from the US that go to Bonaire typically leave from San Juan (American Eagle), Montego Bay (Air Jamaica) or Miami (to Curacao on AA and then to Bonaire on a local carrier). There is only one flight a day (and even then only on certain days) going from SJU or MBJ to BON.

The MIA --> CUR route is 7 days a week (plus a second flight on some days). That makes it pretty easy to reverse engineer a route you like...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration