BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Skyauction.com
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Skyauction.com
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1934) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 7:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just wanted to point out another way to get to Bonaire. Skyauction always has Bonaire flights, r/t, for way less than you'd pay direct. You have to bid, and be careful, because the dates are set on these (though some are year round), and read the fine print like the extra $$ fees, etc. The last ones I saw go on there went for $240 to some lucky bidder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bonaire dude (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

All Year Roundtrip Air from OVER 125 U.S. CITIES to Aruba, Bonaire, or Curacao via A Major U.S. Carrier!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item #: 927084

Depart anytime thru December 14, 2005 via the services of A Major US Carrier from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale to your choice of Aruba, Bonaire, or Curacao!

High bidder may depart from OVER 125 OTHER U.S. DEPARTURE CITIES at additional costs. See Click-thru below for details.

Stay a minimum of 2 nights or up to 30 nights.

Weekend Surcharge: This auction is based on Midweek Travel Monday thru Friday only. High bidder may depart and/or return on a Saturday or Sunday for an additional $40.00 per person in each direction, $80.00 roundtrip per person.

Blackouts:
Southbound - Dec 18 - 19, Dec 22 - 24, and Feb 18 - 20
Northbound - Dec 31 - Jan 2 and Feb 25 - 27

Winter Surcharge: Now thru April 15, 2005 for an additional $25.00 roundtrip per person.

Tax and security charges of $129.00 additional per person.

Reservations subject to the availability of specific classes of service as contracted with the carrier and not every flight or date may be available.

Bid price is per person
Item Number: 927084
Minimum Bid: $301
Quantity Available: 2
End Date: 12/26/2004 9:00 PM EST

Item ends in:

day(s) hour(s) minute(s)

Options Available
Winter Surcharge (now-4/15/2005) for $25 per person
Surcharge of $40 applies if you depart on a Sun, Sat
Surcharge of $40 applies if you return on a Sun, Sat

Travel Details

Airline(s): Major US Carrier
Departure Cities:
Click here to see all 128 Departure City options.
Destination Cities:
Aruba, Aruba (AUA)
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles (BON)
Willemstad / Curacao Island, Netherlands Antilles (CUR)
Departure Dates Allowed: Anytime within the following date(s):
12/25/2004 thru 2/17/2005, 2/21/2005 thru 12/14/2005
Return Dates Allowed: Anytime within the following date(s):
Now thru 12/30/2004, 1/3/2005 thru 2/24/2005, 2/28/2005 thru 1/13/2006,
Minimum/Maximum Stay:
2 to 30 days.
First possible travel day is 2 day(s) after submission of travel preferences.
Taxes/Service Charges: $129 additional per person

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #496) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 10:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ouch...the taxes get ya, but it still seems to be a good price as long as it doesn't take you 5 days to get there. With the Surcharge and taxes you are talking $454...is that round trip? HMMMMMMMM...have to check this stuff out.. Thanks Kathy & Bonaire Dude!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #497) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 10:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, be sure to check what city you would want to leave out of...I would leave out of Philly. They charge a fee on top of all the other stuff, depending on where you are flying out of. Price is MID WEEK, so it would be $454.00 plus and additional $115 for leaving from Philly: Total ticket price: $569.00. If you want to do Sat - Sat it would be an additional $80.00 r/t. $649.00 Also, if you want to fly prior to April 14th you have to pay another surcharge. From Philly, that's not a great deal. Just be sure you read all the fine print before bidding. In my opinion, Priceline is a bit better with name your own price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1936) on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 12:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just looked at that and some dummy jacked the price up to $300 from $200. NOT the way to do it! lol

Most of the auctions stay moderate, with tickets going for $200 or so - or in some cases, less.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there. Maybe if anyone here bids, they need to name themselves BTBob or something, so we'll know! lol No sense in going crazy. We all are looking for a cheaper trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #500) on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 6:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy, that's a great idea...so if anyone bids, put the BT before the name...this will signal all of us not to bid that auction up! I would think that these prices would be GREAT for the people from the mid-west and west. I've seen airfares well over $1,000.00 US. With $200 fares with the taxes than it is a bit of a bargain from Philly. Hugs!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #236) on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Some past experiences with Skyauction.

Bonaire:
Every time "I won" at a low price ($200-$350)there was "no availability" but if "I won" at a price over $350 and picked the same dates I got the tickets. Add the taxes and departure city fees and it was cheaper by $50/person. These flights were with Delta and Air Jamaica out of RDU to BON mid week. You will need to add a $15 fee to send you the paper tickets by fedex. This fee is mandatory on all tickets they send you.

Belize:
Tickets to Belize were easy to get and worth the price paid.

Bahamas:
This has always been a great deal for me and worth the price paid.

Guatemala:
Antigua (the city) This was a great deal for me and well worth the price paid.

Yanagirl

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration