BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BONAIRE EXEL PAPER TICKETS
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: BONAIRE EXEL PAPER TICKETS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #668) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

excuse this posting if it is a duplicate...I posted earlier but it didn't show up on the site

Eureka!! After much search, pain and consternation, I've found a travel agent in the US who can make reservations on BE and actually print the tickets. For those who have the short connect time in Aruba and don't want to wait in line to buy your ticket in Aruba, contact the below travel agent and they will make the reservation, print the ticket and overnite it to you. The travel agent charges a $20 upcharge to cover their costs including the overnite service. I consider this a small price to pay for the satisfaction of having the paper ticket before I ever leave the U.S. The travel agent does not make a commission on the airline ticket itself. The agency is Carlson-Wagonlit (they are nationwide) located in Virginia Beach. You can contact the agent "Ideller" or "Carol" at 18004240460 or 17574240400 or email Idellerp@carlsontravelvabeach.com

I've been waiting a long time for this. Now, if BE would only change their afternoon departure time by 1 hour, it would make the connections much easier to make...at least you don't have to stand in the BE ticket line to buy your ticket...just go straight to the gate...BTW, the RT fare including the $20 fee for Aruba-Bonaire was $199.67

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Faddis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Caradonna printed mine and I had them in hand when we arrived in Curacao.

http://www.caradonna.com/caradonna/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Voss (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 3:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another option that I have been advised may work -- but I have yet to try it -- is to obtain the BE paper tickets in person from a Delta Airlines ticketing agent. You have to pay cash, and you'll need a reservation confirmation number and BonairExel's (aka Dutch Eagle Express) airline code, which is "9H." Apparently, Delta is the only airline that can issue the paper ticket on BE. I'll post if this process works; my travel agent says it should.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andrew, that sounds too good to be true. Does this mean that I could take my E-Mail confirmation to the Delta desk in Miami and get my ticket before I get to Curacao? If so, it would sure save time and a big hassle. Please keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #669) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Andrew is correct...although BE published they were affiliated with NWA and Continental, Delta is the way it is done. This shouldn't have been rocket science...apparently a few have figured out how to do it....it would seem prudent that BE would write up this procedure.

This revelation should help everybody who is trying to catch the early BE flight from Aruba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1623) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy Reppeto at Bonaire Pros will start ticketing for Bonaire Exel. GREAT news.

check out:

www.bonairepros.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Voss (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There's a Carlson Wagonlit Travel office close to my home, so I actually can pick up my BE tickets on my way home from work -- saves me a trip to the airport. The agent at Carlson told me that they use the "Worldspan" computer network to ticket flights, and BonairExel recently became a Worldspan participating airline. Travel agencies that are on the Worldspan network should be able to issue paper tickets on BE; not all agencies use this particular system. She also confirmed that a Delta ticketing agent should also be able to issue the paper tickets at the airport, although you might have to deal with an agent that is not as familiar with the network, or BE in particular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 9:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have booked online with Bonaire Exel. I have a confirmation number from them. They DO NOT answer any e mails. I want a paper ticket to avoid time problems, and have questions regarding luggage weight issues. I have tried the email addresses posted here and get no reply. Any other options that the board may know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #695) on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ron,

see my original posting with 800 number...call Ideller, she can take care of you

or...call Larry at worlddive.com he can also take care of your tickets

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration