BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Aruba to Bonaire- any alternatives to BE?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Aruba to Bonaire- any alternatives to BE?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Watkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I will be puddle-jumping from Aruba to Bonaire for a few days of diving in mid-November and I'm trying to figure out flights. I've read the many BonaireExel threads and it sounds like pretty terrible service with changable/undependable schedules, lost luggage and long layovers. Are there any alternatives? I take it Divi Divi only connects Curacao/Bonaire? Any input is much appreciated -Gordon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 9:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My impression of BE, based on 1 roundtrip Aruba-Bonaire in July, 04; is that they mostly go ontime. If you are on Aruba, I think you would be ok. Mostly, people have problems making BE's 3:30pm flight to Bonaire after arriving from the US on Delta, USAir, etc.

I went both ways in July on weekdays, no lines anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Watkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the reassurance. We will be traveling on weekdays also so maybe we can make the hop uneventfully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #628) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gordon,

If you will already be in Aruba, you should not have a problem...if you are arriving from the US and hoping to catch the 3:30, keep your fingers crossed....if you are departing from Bonaire back to Aruba to catch a flight back to the US, check with BE to ensure that their flight will leave on time...I was in Bonaire last week (departed on Monday)..BE changed the departure time from 1130 to 1245...we got on the USAir flight as they were closing the door at 3:15...fortunately, USAir was late departing...Aruba / US customs and immigration took ~2 hrs in Aruba

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Watkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info Gregg. We will be catching the Delta 4:10 flight from Aruba back to the states and were planning on taking the 7am BE flight from Bonaire (yawn) to avoid unexpected delays, not that I particularly look forward to hanging around the Aruba airport if the BE flight is on time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #629) on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gordon,

if you are on the Delta 4:10, you should not have any problems with the 11:30 flt even if it is delayed until 12:45. I was on a 2:50 flt. Aruba is a miserable airport for long layovers. I would never take the 7:00 am flight and sit in the Aruba airport all day...you won't be allowed to check in your bags until ~2hrs prior to the flight time so you will be stuck with them all day...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration