BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Cigars and Liquor
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Cigars and Liquor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diana Bos (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions about bringing cigars and liquor into Bonaire? My husband and I are arriving on the 15th and he is planning on bringing a box of cigars to enjoy while there and we were wondering if there are any restrictions at customs and immigration. (They are not Cuban cigars.) Also does anyone know how much liquor you are allowed to bring? He plans to buy a couple of bottles of scotch at the duty free shop in San Juan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #2004) on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your husband does know he can buy cigars (and yes, even Cubans) here? He just needs to smoke them before he leaves Bonaire since it is illegal to bring them back to the US.

I don't know of any restrictions other than "for personal comsumption". So you might get into trouble trying to bring a case in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #333) on Wednesday, October 6, 2004 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diana,

My husband enjoys cigars from Chat n Browse while I'm checking email. Michael has a nice selection.

There is also a cigar shop in the mall downtown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, October 6, 2004 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diana,

I brought about 20 or so cigars with me and in San Juan I bought about 4 bottles of liquor and had no problems with either and was never asked for that matter.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration