BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica out of BOS
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Air Jamaica out of BOS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1529) on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all,

I was looking at tickets to bring Mags to Bonaire in Nov. and found out they cancelled service from BOS to MBJ on Sundays..curious huh??

The agent said "due to the hurricane" some flights have been cancelled.

Go check your tickets..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Checked our flight from BOS on Oct.10 and found they are gone. I just called AJ and rerouted us through Aruba. Thanks Ann and Tom for the heads up! Sue and Geoffery, you need to call AJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1045) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 9:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

John, DCA's website does not work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #5148) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just had word this week of a similar disappearance of AJ flights for Houston to MoBay. Apparently they only fly once a week now (Saturdays).

Just another heads up...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1046) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Never mind, itinerary says Dutch Eagle not DCA. Must have been having flashbacks to last February's fiasco.

Ann thanks for the heads up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DCA aint the airline, Bubba. It's Dutch Eagle. Flight is confirmed. Jake, seems that AJ is getting a lot of cancelled reservations due to the hurricane situation. Everyone should check the flight status if they have already booked travel to be sure those flights are still available. And Jake, Thank You for all you do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our 10 days trip have been cut back to 7 days in November, because AJ changed their flights out of Houston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #952) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Definitely, thanks Ann.

FWIW: I got us rescheduled onto the Saturday the 9th flight. She claimed that the return, Sunday the 24th, still showed so I didn't change that yet.
So we get an extra day... now to contact Jack Chalk....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1048) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, You are lucky folks. Smack has to work until 8:am on the 9th otherwise we would have booked that flight as well.

I printed our itinerary and all of our return flights (same as yours) are still "confirmed".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #953) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 10:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, that's too bad about Smack! I hate when work gets in the way of vacation time!

Pretty screwy. I had set up the Saabre notification stuff to send me text mail and email. Nothing from them.

I still am not sure about the 24th - it seems unlikely that a flight BACK from Bonaire would be available on a day that no flight TO Bonaire takes place. I'm keeping my eye on this one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1050) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, I agree work stinks.

We were never notified either. On the AJ website they are still showing the Jamaica to Bonaire flight and even show a flight out of BOS at the same time you, Geoff, Smack and I were supposed to fly, using Delta, at about three times what we paid.

Regarding the 24th, I dare them to make me stay longer:-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #820) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, appears we will be on same flight on the 9th now :-)
Denise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #954) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise, yup!
In a way I'm glad this happened: when I called the Holiday Inn to change my Stay, Park and Fly reservation, I found out they'd screwed it up and it wasn't a Stay, Park and Fly reservation at all. Oh well, all fixed now - I think, anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1192) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann Thanks for the huge heads up!!!! I called Air Jamaica directly and after a half hour of waiting, was never answered. They must be bombed with calls! Luckily, my travel agent, Kim at Caradonna was right on top of things. I got an email from her and it looks like Denise and I get to stay an extra night and come home on Sunday the 17th! I think I can handle that! :-)
Tom good luck to you and Smack. You sure have had a horrible time trying to get to Bonaire this trip!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #821) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, Darlene and I DO have to stay a day longer because of the flight changes ... oh, boo hoo ;-(

he he he

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #955) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Mary M - you better check your flights too - you may have to arrive a day earlier than you planned, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1052) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Darlene. Just realized with the help of Kelly, that flying BE means less luggage allowed, sh-t!!! I really do not need much, but I usually take stuff for others, might not happen this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3226) on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 3:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan - thanks for the heads up - I read the thread early and have already checked.
Right now the Sunday flight on 10/24 from Atlanta to MB and the MB to Bonaire flight are still on schedule - that is why you guys can return okay that Sunday. They did say check later to see if it changes - but it appears my timing and the fact that I am coming from Atlanta makes it okay. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1054) on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Was told by two BTers that Bonaire Excels's charges were not too bad. If I have extra bags, will they take them in Aruba?

Have e-mailed BE asking for the "diver" allowance and asking the question I posted above, have not heard from them.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration