BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Austin, TX to Bonaire - suggestions?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-08-16 to 2004-12-31: Austin, TX to Bonaire - suggestions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Gunn (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 2:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi. I'm new here and considering Bonaire for the first time. I am soliciting solutions on ways to get there from Austin; easy is good, cheap is better. Ideas, anyone?

Cheers,
Gordon in Austin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12043) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Gordon! There are many Bonaire Talkers (BTers) on the board, I'm sure someone will chime in soon with suggestions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rog & Karen Huff (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #122) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gordon...drive or fly to Houston and fly Air Jamaica - IAH to Montego Bay and then on to Bonaire. Or, you can fly to Dallas and take American Airlines to San Juan and then on to Bonaire on American Eagle...either way, you will enjoy Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #225) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gordon -

I think Rog has nailed the two most viable choices unless you have reason to be starting from another U.S. location.

The last time I checked the Air Jamaica flight leaves Houston Bush about 8:30 am and the AA flight leaves DFW about 10:00 am.

Being in Dallas, we of course prefer the AA, but do realize that it gets into Bonaire about 8-9 pm (depending on the time of year) and departs about 7-8 am (depending on season). A lot of folks prefer the Air Jamaica flights simply for the better schedule.

Rog also has it nailed: you're going to love Bonaire!

But do take foot protection (i.e., dive boots) for beach entry and do take over-the-top sun protection. Unless you've been that close to the equator, it is hard to appreciate the intensity of the sun there.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One other fairly reasonable choice -- AA via Miami to Curacao and then Divi Divi to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By herman mowery (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #408) on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 8:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to the board.
I think I have seen this post before, a Scuba Board member I'll bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #844) on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Air Jamaica out of Houston is great....short and sweet. Houston, Montego Bay and then right on to paradise. :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration