BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica / women's purse
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Air Jamaica / women's purse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Houtsinger (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 1:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is a women's purse considered a carry on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Schroedel (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Schroedel (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

But it's probably in addition to other allowable carry ons; i.e., purse plus 2 carry ons seems to be the general rule. May be airline dependent so suggest you check with the airline(s) you plan to fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3869) on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ has been permitting a woman's purse but not counting it as carry on, per se'. It must fit in the overhead or under the seat, however, just like a real "carry on" bag. AJ is great and don't forget the Ting!! I was craving a Ting at a BBQ yesterday!! Have a great trip. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ's website currently indicates two checked bags with a total weight of 70 lbs. plus ONE carry-on. Someone had mentioned recently on this board that from some US city, AJ was being strict with the one carry-on only and was not allowing a second purse/briefcase. I'm sure that as with all airlines this varies greatly from airport to airport, day to day, and is probably somewhat dependent on who's working the gate on that particular day/flight. My recommendation is to be prepared, ie. have room left in your carry to stuff the purse if necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3871) on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Better yet, call AJ...you might be on "hold" for a while, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I have never had any problems at all. Good luck! Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration