BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: What is a good fare for Atlanta to Bonaire for Christmas?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: What is a good fare for Atlanta to Bonaire for Christmas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shannon Harris (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, here is my plight.... I have never gone to Bonaire around Christmas so I have no idea what a good fare price is for that time period. I am flying from Atlanta. Right now the lowest fare I can find flying out on Dec. 24 and 25 is $652 round trip. This is considerably more than the $450 I paid last year around Thanksgiving.

Should I bite the bullet and pay the fare now or wait to see if it will go down?

Thanks in advance!!
Shannon Harris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #568) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you better take it...that's a good price for xmas...I assume its on AJ

I booked mine today $925 from WVa passing thru Atl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shannon Harris (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amazing enough it is not on AJ and that really surprised me. It is actually on Dutch airways.

I did not realize that the flights would be that much more expensive from Thanksgiving to Christmas. YIKES!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3801) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 6:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The colder it gets where you are the higher the prices go in the warmer climates....rule of thumb. Sounds like a good price to me, too. I'd grab it now. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #570) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shannon,

keep your fingers crossed...DCA is shakey at best...you may get there eventually and you may get home...eventually

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #114) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What we did was research the best prices (out of ATL) online and with a travel agent, lowest were AJ and AA - and then we took a bid to priceline. Got the tickets for about $200 less each, and it turned out to be w/AJ! (the best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #573) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy,

what price did you get from priceline?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got $380, but it was for July booked in April. Never know until you try. : )

I'd try it. I put in my lowest bid, my first bid, and turned around to talk to my husband about what would be our limit, and got an email it was accepted. I never clicked on a BUY bar so happy in my life. Did a happy dance. Truly. Then emailed Wannadive who set me up with Eden before the cam moge. I got a cheap trip to paradise, no doubt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #166) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

argh, "move" that should be. : )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1454) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 6:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Shannon, DCA out of MIA? I do not think they fly out of ATL.

I would do Priceline but I would really worry if I got tickets on DCA. Is there a way to say you can only accept AA or JM? Also could Priceline send you to Aruba via USAir and then Bonaire Exel..does Priceline use little airlines? I have no experience at all with Priceline so the info is much appreciated. I will be doing much travel to and from the US and will need the cheapest air possible but will never fly DCA unless it's my only choice.

Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #804) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd love to use priceline, too - but I don't want to take the chance of being put on any airline but AJ (I don't even want AA - the flight home is too darned early!). Can you put in a bid, but NOT accept should it be on some other airline?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #187) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, put in a bid and go by the times......if acceptd they give you flight times before you purchase. That's why I was so happy. I saw the times and KNEW which airline it had to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #805) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kathy, thanks for the info! I won't be using it this time, but...

We decided to buy from AJ directly, so we'd have the option of upgrading should we be feeling flush come travel time.

As it is, it appears AJ has a sale going on now for the time we wanted: From Boston, weekdays in October are under 500 (I think it was $430, for Thurs Oct 7 through Wed Oct 20, and a couple of days ago for the same days the best I came up with was $550). Sunday is now $530 (previously either 650 or 660) for the days I checked; Saturday (for Oct 9-23) are still about $660, so I opted for Sunday Oct 10-24 to get them for about $130 less per ticket.

So, it looks like we'll be there Oct 10-24. I can't wait!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration