BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Can you take bug spray on planes?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Can you take bug spray on planes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A lot of people are saying to bring lots of bug spray. Are you allowed to bring pressurized cannisters of spray on an airplane? Or is everybody referring to the pump spray type. (I have a ton of pressurized "Off" at home and am wondering if I am going to get it confiscated.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #564) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

jOE,

I take my pressurized spray on every trip. I do wrap it in plasitc and put it in my check bags

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1221) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 7:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

they will get it leaving bonaire :-)

(you don't need it at home)

(if the label reads "FLAMMABLE")

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3781) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We picked up OFF and Cutters pumps at Michael's place at Chat n Browse....he has more of it in his store than they do in all of NJ! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 2:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 9:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I recently toted an aerosol can of bug spray to and from Bonaire in my checked luggage. No problems.

As it turned out, we had spray provided in our Capt Don's Habitat Oasis cabin--and didn't use any while there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1763) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It depends on who is searching your luggage. If it is hand luggage, most folks will have to surrender aerosol cans. Packed is different and it generally gets through. If in doubt, Cuttter makes pump bottles and wipes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Monday, August 2, 2004 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think it depends upon which airport you leave from. If it is from the east coast, they will definitely remove it. I even had a can of paint (non-flamable, not spray) removed from my checked luggage. We find that there are better repellents than Off. Locally on Bonaire there is a Dutch product called Au Tan that is very good. Available at the pharmacies. Through the internet I found the BEST product to use in high mosquito season. It is a product called "Ultrathon" made by 3M. It is a cream and is super. They also sell a spray for your clothes. This is the stuff that is used in Africa.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration