BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: How early should I buy air tickets?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: How early should I buy air tickets?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 3:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking at visiting in mid-Septeber. I have a quote of $1570 for 2 round-trip tickets from Sacramento. Does anybody think the price will come down as the departure date gets closer? Is this a good price? Should I just go for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #486) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 10:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joe,

I don't know how you are planning to get to Bonair (AA, AJ or thru Aruba)...most carriers begin offering heavy discounts in late June/early July for Caribbean travel in September since that is the off season (and hurrican season)...fortunately Bonaire is not in the hurricane belt but most connection locations are...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I put off buying some of my tickets for a trip in August. Prices went *up* $75 each. :-( Felt pretty dumb shelling out the extra cash when the reason for the delay was to try and get some FF tickets (bringing 3 kids with a 12yo being an adult on AJ is a wallet pincher).

Gregg sounds like an experienced voice but from now on I will buy when the price seems comfortable and be sure rather than hope for something better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #177) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We paid $742 each for our upcoming trip with American Airlines from Denver, CO. Not a bad price but prices have increased quite a bit the last few years. When we started watching rates the price was $1000 per person. So...$785 isn't out of line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe brannan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #313) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Meester Paceeeefic

I just had to say it that way. If you got FF miles, you can gateway out of Miami or Houston (preferably Miami) and cut your costs considerably, The last two times, we've done frequent fliers to Miami, overnighted both ways (almost impossible not to do when ur coming from the left coast (AZ here) and got by with under $400/person on AJ. That was last March and month before last. We also did price line for hotel in Miami on day of travel and got nice places close to airport for around $50/nite

good luck

cheezone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 11:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I keep a check on the carriers web sites on a regular bases. I saved $150 round trip on Delta for travel this May. I agree with Gregg, the airlines usually post better fares closer into the off season. I'm waiting to see what comes along for July now.

I would wait until you see some good fares come along. You are probably safe to make your reservations as late as July/mid-Aug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 2:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone for the info on air. How about accommodations? I have a good quote (in my opinion) for $1000 for 14 nights in a non-ocean front bungalow. Should I reserve that now and then wait on air fare? I worry that the room will disappear as it a small facility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Grover (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joe,

One thing to consider is the fact that petroleum prices are expected to rise again. In fact, I just read an article where they are expecting possible fuel shortages in several areas of the country. Florida being one of them. This may have a significant impact on air travel in the future due to fuel surcharges. No matter how much it costs to get to Bonaire, you will forget all about that once you are there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with Roberts closing statement, I definitely feel better knowing I have the tickets so I can stop worrying about finding a better deal and start enjoying crossing off the days until I get there. :-)

Have a great trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Pruskin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Post removed by moderators. Spamming is not allowed on Bonaire Talk.

Cynde Lee
Co-Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for removing it. Spam is quite annoying. It looks like his profile was created just to send this spam message. Maybe you should delete the profile as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1873) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Usually what we do as Moderators is remove the spam and inform the offender that it is not allowed. We do allow them back on the board as long as they behave themselves.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration