BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: To Bon From Coz or Cancun
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: To Bon From Coz or Cancun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 7:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get to Bonaire from either Cozumel or Cancun? We are considering a week in Bonaire and a week in Cozumel, back to back.

Which airlines, feasability, price? Or should we split the two trips and return to the USA, Washington DC area. Thanks Lydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1746) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your best and least expensive is through Miami although if you can get to Montego Bay then connect to Air Jamaica, you may save some extra mileage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Angelino (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you can get a flight to Aruba, you might do well to connect there on BonairExel. Air Jamaica can be a real horror story - last time I took Air Jamaica back to Washington from Bonaire, they decided not to wait for our flight in Montego Bay and put us on a flight to Phila at midnight and wanted to bus us to DC from there at 2am. I could tell you other Air Jamaica experiences, but suffice to say, I'd avoid them if you can. I'm taking Continental from DCA to Aruba in August and from there via BonairExel to Boanire to arrive at 4pm. It's worth avoiding Air Jamaica if you can. Continental has flights to Aruba from Houston if you can get a connection there from Cozumel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #754) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Interesting -- I've had nothing but good experience and good service with Air Jamaica. I won't hesitate to use them again and to recommend them to anyone, and I know quite a lot of people who feel the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 9:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone

I appreciate the comments of those that responded. I am really wondering if there is a way to get from either Coz or Cancun to Bon/Cur or Aruba without having to return to the states.. Any thoughts/suggestions.. thannks in advanace.lydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 3:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try American to San Juan. That is a big hub. But to be honest, a week in both places will be eatten up by travel time and exhaustion. If you really want to hit another dive destination, my sugggestion is to pick up KLM's flight out of Bonaire (daily) to Kito, Ecuador and dive the Galapagos. It's only a few hours and is awesome.

If you have never been to Bonaire, you might want to spend two weeks, as it is a slow paced island with a large variety of shore and boat diving, excellent restaurants, and wonderful people. It is not easy to get most places from Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gianos (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been to both Bonaire once (headed back in two months!) and Coz twice. I would not even bother going to Coz. It has gotten too crowded and I don't like cattle boat diving. The shore diving on Bonaire in untouchable IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cat Thompson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris, I would suspect it all has to do with where you stay in Coz. We were just there in May for our 6th trip. We always stay on the south end, directly on San Francisco Beach and the diving is spectacular. No cattle boat diving. We would never stay near downtown with its excessive cruise ship congestion and cattle boat operators.

When there, we're only a 5-15 minute boat ride from the Santa Rosa wall, Colombia, Paso del Cedral, San Francisco, Yucab, Tormentos, La Francesa, Delilah, Ladrillos, Palancar sites, or Chankanaab sites. Not a shore diving destination like Bonaire, for certain, but the diving is still A+.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gianos (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been there twice at the presidente. I love that hotel don't get me wrong there. I should add the first trip about 10 years ago was wonderful, the second I really noticed some changes most of which dealt with many more people on the island. It was too touristy and crowded for my taste.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration