BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Traveling with Meds
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Traveling with Meds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cindy Bourgeois (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be flying Air Jamaica to Bonaire in May. This our first trip out of the U.S. My husband takes blood pressure meds and I was wondering if we need anything special to travel with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #491) on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make sure they are in their original packaging which shows his prescription information.

Have a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4733) on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 7:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We travel all over the world with Meds like that Cindy , you won't have any problems just pack them in you carry on so you have them even if you don't have your luggage, but probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a back up script in case something happens to the bottles..Not sure if you need more documentation on controlled substances??like morphine etc..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cindy Bourgeois (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 8:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks. Now we'll be sure to have a backup prescription.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1750) on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've always heard that controlled substances like narcotics should also have a letter from your doctor as well as backup. That said I had no problems bring Vicoden back into Bonaire after my knee surgery in the states.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration