BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Immigration in San Juan
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Immigration in San Juan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 8:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone,

On all of our trips out of the United States we have entered back into the USA either through St. Louis or San Juan. We were looking at our passports the other day and noticed the two times we re-entered the USA through St. Louis they stamped our passports but the three times we re-entered through San Juan they did not so we have no record of the date we re-entered the US. Is this common? Why would the two ports of entry have different rules?

Just curious because my passport says I'm still in Bonaire but it sure doesn't feel like it :-)

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #329) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have reentered the US through Boston, Charlotte, Miami, New York and San Juan and the only time we received a stamp on return was coming into NY from London. No idea why this is true though! Just assumed we had a quirky official ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 9:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan,

Thanks for your response - I guess St. Louis is the exception rather than the rule. Having only those two ports of entry to compare I wasn't sure which was the exception and which was the rule. Thanks for clearing it up a bit for me!

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Lyke (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Most U.S. ports of entry are all electronic now. But if you ask they will still hand stamp your passport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob,

Thanks for the additional info!!!! I guess that means I'm not still in Bonaire.

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #289) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Your passport is fed through a reader when you check in for your flight departing the US, and again when you arrive back in the US. Rest assured, Big Brother knows when you went and came back.

I do wonder what happens with dual nationals who carry multiple passports. Must make that tracking system a bit more fun.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration