BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonairexel update
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Bonairexel update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Winters (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After reading several threads about the lack of responsiveness by Bonirexel airlines, I thought I'd share the following: I called Bonairexel this morning from the U.S. and was able to get through on my first attempt. An agent by the name of Steve Sloop was very professional, polite and handled our round trip reservations from Curacao to Bonaire and back. He then followed up with an email to confirm within an hour of my original contact. In addition, prior to my phone call to them, I had sent an inquiry via email. I received an email response from them within 1-hour. I just thought that everyone should know that they are doing better than previously reported.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1266) on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BonairExel finally has a decent website up and running: www.bonairexel.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #194) on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

John -

Good intelligence. Thanks for sharing.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Cooper (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 7:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Would appreciate feedback on fights that anyone has taken; also is the weight limit a problem, being a puddle jumper?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #496) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

tks for reporting that BE has FINALLY got their web site to work correctly....great info...is it correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lonnie hoover (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was last in Bonaire at Christmas, and at that time Divi Divi Air offered a much more compatible schedule with American than BE. Has anything changed? Is Divi still considered the better way to get to and from CUR/BON? I'll be comming through Cur on American in May(arriving around 2:00pm and departing CUR around 3:00pm). Which is the perfered puddle jumper to Bon. Divi vs BE?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #498) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lonnie,

You have more options from Cur than you would from Aruba. To me, the preferred puddle jumper is the one getting ready to leave. You probably can get more luggage on the BE flight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #440) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My recent experience with BE was enjoyable, even though the plane did not depart as scheduled.

3 friends and I were dumped in Aruba by U. S. Airways. We went to the BE ticketing booth, got prompt service, one of the ladies who was in the booth even opened up the check in counter early so we could get our boarding passes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1733) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 1:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BonairExel posted a new schedule for flights beginning March 28th. See those at: http://www.infobonaire.com/airlineinfo.html
Just be sure to page down until you get the 2nd set which start March 28th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #499) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 7:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked out infobonaire and noted that it says Delta flies to Cur from ATL. Delta had that direct flight last year but cancelled it in Dec 03. The flights shown from ATL to Cur on Delta site is actually AJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1734) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do you know if it is only AJ or if they handle it as a code share with a Delta flight # and a AJ flight number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #501) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Delta does code share with AJ...This particular flight which is listed as Delta flies from ATL to Montego Bay and then on to Cur. The flight time departing ATL is the same time as the flights to Bon...my presumption is that this is simply the AJ flight. One word for BT'ers is that often you can get a discounted flight to Cur via AJ when the discounted tickets to Bon are not available. Also, AJ flies to Cur 7 days/wk (unless they changed recently)...sometimes it is worthwhile to fly to Bon on AJ but return home from Cur if you want to travel on off days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernie Williams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, August 4, 2004 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm having a problem with flights on Bonaire Exel to Bonaire from Curacao on Sept 11, returning on Sept 13. (My travel agent says the flights are confirmed but she can neither issue the tickets nor pay for them.) I e-mailed Bonaire Exel a couple of days ago but have had no reply and now it appears their website is down. Does someone have a phone number for them?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey S. Levine (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 1:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used BonairExel from Aruba to Bonaire and then to Curacao in May. The service was excellent. A few hours after I made the reservations, I realized I never paid for the tickets. I reconfirmed the reservations and was not asked to pay. When I showed up in Aruba, I paid for the ticket. No problems. I would use them again.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration