BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Prices from Aruba to Bonaire.....?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Prices from Aruba to Bonaire.....?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike harrigan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 8:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know what the rough price from Aruba to Bonaire is on Bonaire Excel? We have ff miles to get us to Aruba, but we're not sure what the damage will be for the inter-island leg. Thanks in advance for any tips.

MH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3068) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike, welcome to this board! I think the price is about 110 US for a round trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1684) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is the last info I have:

"As of October 26 , 2003 - The round-trip airfare on BonairExel between Bonaire and Curacao is US$62, between Bonaire and Aruba US$126, subject to change, excluding tax and fuel surcharge."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3069) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you can check http://www.flydca.net for more info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4768) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 11:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Or, for BonairExel, www.bonairexel.com ;-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3081) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK jake, you are right... I missed that one. Does DiviDivi has a website as well??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #404) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I paid $66.00 plus $20.00 departure tax last week for a one way passage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike harrigan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the input. It's much appreciated.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #478) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 4:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom,

I assume you were departing from Aruba after having stayed overnite in Aruba. If you were transit from a US carrier on the same day, there should not have been a tax. I've caught BE trying to charge me that tax ... wonder how many folks pay it without asking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #405) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg,

No sir. I was only in transit and questioned the requirement to pay. Was told I had to pay because I had cleared customs. I had to clear customs to go outside to get my ticket on BE.

The entire trip down was one chaotic run after another. Hopefully it will be explained better in my upcoming trip report.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom,

They gotch ya.... if you are transit, there is no tax...the agents in Aruba either don't understand it or don't care. Of course you had to clear customs...there is no other way to get to BE without clearing customs. I've made 3 trips to Bonaire in the last year thru Aruba and had to fight with the BE agent each time. I usually ask to speak to a supervisor who corrects the agent. I hate to say it but I fear they are putting the $20 in their pockets since most people pay the $20 with cash. The tax is built into your US fare.

As I have reported previously, using BE to get to Bonaire from Aruba is clumsy at the best.

Jake has reported good luck with BE but he departs from Bonaire and returns from Aruba (he can get his ticket in Bonaire). Others report good luck with BE from Cur to Bonaire...the agents in Cur seem to have a better understanding of tickets and rules. Since Aruba is so much more commercial than Cur, I'd have expected Aruba to be ahead of the game.

Sorry about your problems..I was following your tale on BT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gregg-Bonairexel does take credit cards I hope?
Thanks.
Kevin again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #482) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kevin,

yes, BE does take Visa...however, the agent in Aruba wrote the payment slip by hand instead of running it through the machine. He also hand wrote the ticket even though I had reservations...took about 30 min, nearly cost me to miss the flight. He had trouble calculating the fare on his calculator.

The agents in Bonaire are much more proficient

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration