BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Tom Cousino Stuck In St. Thomas For The Night
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Tom Cousino Stuck In St. Thomas For The Night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #397) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 8:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

I just received a call and Tom just wanted me to let everyone know that he got bumped and he is stuck in St. Thomas for the night. He hopes and should get to Bonaire sometime tomorrow.

Hank and Peter Schaefer should arrive on the sunny warm island of Bonaire this evening sometime.

Tom asks - Any Sugestions for his situation (he will be checking in with me in the morning)?

Tom says - No Worries!!!!

This message posted by Tom's wife (boss),

Pam Simpers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3150) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Pam. I hope Tom at least can relax and take a nice dip in the water while he is awaiting his journey onto Bonaire. I guess if you have to get bumped, St. Thomas is not a bad place to "suffer".....I know he'd rather be on Bonaire, tho. Carole

PS Which airline was it? How did he end up in St. Thomas??? cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the news about Tom.
I have no suggestions for Tom about his situation, I hope he gets to Bonaire soon. We've been looking for him on the web cams....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #398) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, Getting on a atr to san juan then on to aruba. hope to get a flight from there to bon this after noon. thankgod I brought fresh socks and underwear.

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #319) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Socks??? You aren't in Vermont anymore! Hope that the bump gave you some good money to put towards your next Bonaire trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1665) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 2:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe he gets cold feet on the aircraft from the a/c as I do. :–)

I always wear slacks and socks until near Bonaire and then change to shorts and bare feet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #320) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 4:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen ... we Vermonters pull out our shorts and t-shirts when the temps hit 40 degrees and the socks go soon after! Just don't tell anyone that I wear long sleeves on the plane because I get cold!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4520) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 4:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, good luck...maybe you're there by now! See you on the cams! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4521) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 4:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, good luck...maybe you're there by now! See you on the cams! Shouldn't the "boss" get to go too? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #400) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom is now in Bonaire. But alas he needs to buy at least some more underwear (we hope). His luggage is not there and no where to be found.

Pam "Boss" is glad (I think)she at least stayed behind this time. I know where all my stuff is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10505) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, what an ordeal, especially that half the suitcase is full of things for the kids at the Hoppner center (not to mention clean undies and your dive gear!) Keep us posted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 7:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Tom! Sending you lots of good luggage vibes -- May you soon be reunited with all of your stuff.
-Mary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #623) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 8:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, you never answered the question about what you were doing on St. Thomas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #353) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom...have a few dives and "forgetaboutit" just remember a warm day in Bonaire can never be as bad as this freezing cold in Vermont, love it as I do in the summer and fall, right now I would trade places with you for anything...are you going commando ? Think we will mis you this year dates are different..unless you get stuck at the airport untill or in St. Thomas..safe diving !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #321) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 7:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pam ... if you talk to Tom let him know that I will at least have some Cabot cheddar in my carryon this weekend ... might not be as helpful as dive gear or undies but at least it is familiar! Hope he is getting in some diving with rented/borrowed or whatever!
Debbie -- looks like there may be a real warm spell here next week -- 32 degrees -- good packing weather for your trip!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration