BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonairExel developments
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: BonairExel developments
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Castilla y León (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I spoke with a BonairExel flight attendent who said that it's parent company is staring ArubaExel. ArubaExel may offer a DCA alternative to Venezuela. BonairExel has St. Maarten and Miami in it's plans, but it all depends on Curacao.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1240) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 9:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's the problem; everything always depends on Curacao...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #470) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would rather see BE focus on their existing infrastructure before they spread out to other entities. They should throw all their resouces toward implementing systems to allow potential customers to buy tickets. They currently are not linked to other airlines, no on-line ticket purchases and virtually impossible to call/email for reservations. How can they talk about expansion of routes when they can't sell tickets to the existing routes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1243) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 11:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg, that's not entirely BE's fault. Suffice to say that all circumstances around BE have been too unclear for too long. Establishing a firm basis in terms of flights is the best way to secure a stable future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #471) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,
Sorry, can't agree with you on this one...BE should have had a reservation system in place and functional before the first flight...they had nearly a year before their first flights to get things worked out...how many months has it been since they've been flying that people still cannot buy tickets. Hopefully, they are in the business to make money. Making money in the airlines has to start with selling tickets. At the present time, you have to be in Bonaire/Cur to buy a ticket...people from other countries don't want to fly to Aruba/Cur in HOPES they can get a reservation...look at the number of folks who post here that say they can't get BE on the telephone (international calls) nor get responses to emails.
Don't misunderstand me...I want BE to succeed. I just hope they have sufficient cash invested to keep the business solvent until they figure out how to collect revenue.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration