BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica Legroom,Upgrades, NY
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2004-02-01 to 2004-08-15: Air Jamaica Legroom,Upgrades, NY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1361) on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Howdy folks, I am considering going AJ again, the two times I took them before they had cheap upper class, they did not look like there was much legroom in coach, any tall folks care to comment? I read of people getting upgrades at the airport in Boston and Newark, has anybody out there gotten one at JFK , are they easier to get Wed. than on the weekend? Anybody know if you can get an airport upgrade on a FF ticket? Anybody know if you can actually GET a FF ticket on AJ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Schroedel (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 8:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Believe FF avaiable on AJ using Delta FF miles. Not sure about upgrade possibilities; suggest you discuss with Delta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #285) on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 11:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

To say there wasn't much leg room in coach would be wrong. There's NO leg room in coach.

Has anyone successfully used Delta Skymiles to book on AJ? Every time I've tried, I've been told they have too many seats booked, but if I want to buy a ticket, I can get on the same flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1364) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 12:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Dan. The sites I look at say there is 33 to 35 inches pitch in AA coach vs 33 inches in AJ coach. I do know that AA is cutting back on their more room flights, which i think means 33 inches instead of 35.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Faith M. Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #449) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 1:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto to what Dan said -- I have really short legs, and I found AJ really tight. On one of our AJ flights, I couldn't wedge my carry-on bag down under the seat because of it, not enough room between my seat front and the seat back of the one in front of me. I pity anyone with any real length to their legs trying to sit in those seats for a 4 hour flight.

But then, coach in general for most airlines is about that tight. Cattle cars...

Faith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1342) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 8:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dan,

Each flight has so many seats allocated for FF miles. DL is the WORST ..I had 80k miles and tried for 2 years to use them to HI, Bermuda, BON, FL and could NOT ever find seats.

I called Air Jamaica and spoke with someone who helped me use them.

Then I decided to nix DL Skymiles for the Air Jamaica program. I have over 10 legs logged with Air Jamaica and have YET to get a real card or a summary of miles..go figure!

Seb,

I got that upgrade from BOS for 170.00 each way..it was niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1365) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's what they said it would be from NYC, Annie, But I am wary of ending up in coach. However, it looks as though the spacing is gonna be the same on AA, and the potential upgrade and more equal length flights might switch me to AJ. I have been very impressed with the seatroom (pitch) in the More Room AA, but that seems to be going away pretty quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1671) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 9:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake votes AA has more leg room on their regular planes. AJ was very cramped in coach. Of course, leg room from San Juan to Bonaire on AA is tight to say the least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1366) on Monday, February 9, 2004 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Linda, if anyone knows, it's Jake. I have been toying with using AJ again, their upgrade to first would be super if available, and I much prefer their flight times. Amazingly, the flight to SJU from Newark is already much more filled up than the one from JFK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is because that the AA aircraft used from Newark is the 767, which still has More Room Throughout Coach, while the JFK aircraft is the A300, in which the more room has been removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1367) on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

THANKS DAREN!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration