BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Planning a Trip
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Planning a Trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (bcj.) (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey everybody. My wife and I are planning our first trip to Bonaire since I left there 15 years ago. I thought it'd be useful (and fun) to throw together a blog (web log) to keep track all of the information I find useful. The site also has the ability for visitors to post comments regarding each of my entries, so I thought I'd let you all know about it in case you have a few minutes and can share your thoughts regarding the information I post. I just started the site this week, so there's not a lot there yet, but that will surely change.

Here's the link. If you want to read the introduction, go here.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3113) on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 12:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very interesting creation, Brian. I do hope you find your childhood home...know that quest, well! I know you will have a great trip when you do return. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (bcj.) (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 12:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Carole! I've found a few pics of the beach I grew up on, but am waiting to hear back from my family if they remember they exact house number.

I'm not so interested in staying in the same house, but I would like to see how it's changed in 15 years. Nostalgia is exhilirating!

I'd be interested to hear of your quest if you have time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3114) on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 1:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I moved quite a bit with my family while growing up and have always tried to return to the different homes to see what they are like at that time. One of my favorites was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Lots of fond memories and fun in that house. When I did return several years later it had changed completely. The new owners built additions on to both sides of the inground pool in the rear of the property and it reminded me of a "motel" of sorts! I did not care for what they did, so I try to remember the house as it was when I lived there. Thank goodness for our "memories"!! Most of the other places remained pretty much the same, but it was the Fort Lauderdale home that meant quite a lot to me...the formative/fun years, I guess!

Good luck and I do hope you find your house...it might not have changed too much on Bonaire, most likely...that would be my guess. Keep those memories fresh in your mind, either way. Ayo. Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration