BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Routes from SFO to BON
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Routes from SFO to BON
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joel dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We going in the 3rd week of June, anyone have suggestions of the best gateway routes to get there with not too many layovers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Nesselrodt (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joel, check out Delta Airlines. They fly SFO/ATL nonstop where you can pick up the Air Jamaica flight to Bonaire. You leave SFO at about midnight. You arrive Bonaire at about 2:30 in the afternoon!

Tim W. Nesselrodt
Owner/Property Manager
Ocean View Villas
http://www.oceanviewvillas.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10302) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where is SFO?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3078) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 3:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

SFO is San Francisco!! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #185) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joel -

I missed something. I did not see in your question that you are starting at SFO (bet Tim knows something I don't), but if you are, American has a SFO-LAX-MoBay-Bon routing. And, depending on the days of week of travel, you might be able to work AA through San Juan-Bon.

We've had good luck with the DFW-San Juan-Bon routing on AA. You might be able to pick up a SFO-DFW leg to get started.

Also, you might check out Mexicana or AeroMexico from the West Coast to see if they have a routing via Mexico City to either San Juan or Montego Bay.

Share your final solution with others on the board, if you would please.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #445) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 6:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Charles...SFO to BON was the subject line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #446) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 7:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Charles...SFO to BON was the subject line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #186) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg -

Thank you. Sorta' hard to miss! Think all this January sun and 72 degrees is making my brain soft.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10313) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joel, being a "left coaster" it isn't easy to get to Bonaire (or fast for that matter). If you don't mind the redeye, the fastest way is to go SFO to LAX, then Air Jaimaca redeye from LAX to BON. From LAX to BON it is about a 17 hour trip....so add a couple more hours from SFO. The other option is to go AA all the way. AA to Jan Juan, then to Bonaire. I went AJ the first time and had no problems. I went AA the last time because AJ doesn't have the flight schedule frequency that AA had, and it took me 26 hours due to 2 broken planes. I looked at other options, like taking a different airline part of the way, but the connections were a little to close. So, I say AJ or AA...depending on what schedules fit your itinerary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joel dee (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 2:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tim had a GREAT suggestion! The Delta flight we booked leaves at 11:40 p.m. from San Francisco, get to Atlanta at 8:50 a.m., get on Air Jamaica to Montego Bay 11:30 a.m. arrival, take AJ from Montego to Bonaire arriving at 2:30 p.m. Taking in the time difference from SFO to BON, and flights possibly being a little bit faster or slower depending on winds, figure roughly a 12 hour or so flight time total...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ingrid Plemmons (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joel,
we have been going to Bonaire for several years.
The best way for us is to take a nonstop flight from SFO to Miami and spend the night there. This gets us to Bonaire refreshed and ready to go. We always take DCA to BON and have only had minor problems (like going through Haiti!)
The return trip can all be done in one day.
Don't miss our favorite restaurant De Tuin!!
Ingrid

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration