BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: What's a good fare from Bos to Bonaire?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: What's a good fare from Bos to Bonaire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wendy3@womans-web.com (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 3:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm so mad at myself, I had a fare of $533 from 4/14-21/04. All last week it was that price and now today it's $584. It's not too much more, but I called and they said they had a sale that ended Friday (and there are 3 adults flying!) Of course, I didn't know that or I would have booked it. How much have you paid for BOS to Bonaire and what do you think is a good price? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3005) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Wendy,

Last weekend I was on a fair and I've been told by someone in the Bonaire stand that Delta airlines will be working with BonaireExcel to get from Boston (and maybe other airports) to Curaçao and than to Bonaire. It might be a better connection than the Air Jamaica flights, maybe even cheaper. They are suposed to start this Feb. 1-st...
I'm not sure if this is 100% reliable, but worth checking...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #431) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 4:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin,

that would be a strange connection for Delta unless it is AJ to Cur then BE to Bon (Delta is a partner with AJ). Delta cancelled its flight to Cur from ATL in Dec 03. ATL is the main eastern US hub for Delta

please post more info if you hear it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #934) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 5:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been paying between $500 and $600 from Boston to Bonaire. My tickets for December were $550 and my March one around $600. I never seem to get the really good specials because my dates have not been flexible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie Meyfarth (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 6:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

With the current options from Boston, anything under $600 is a good fare. I paid about $600 for March '04 tickets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jane Marie Garchinsky (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 9:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From what I can gather plugging in dates for Boston to Bonaire, leaving Boston on a Sunday and departing Bonaire back to Boston on a Wednesday gives you the best fare using Air Jamaica.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #280) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take two trips to Florida or California in the next month or so on American. They're promising a free ticked to anywhere they fly if you do so.

Only applies to trips from Boston. American is scared about competition from JetBlue, and so is running this promotion. I suspect you can get two trips to Florida totalling less than the trip to Bonaire, and get some extra trips out of it to boot...

As for AJ, we did a Sunday BOS->BON and a Wednesday return. Wasn't cheap (we booked pretty late, and it was over the holidays).

Separately, has anyone ever successfully used Delta miles to get free tickets on Air Jamaica? Every time I try, I'm told there aren't enough seats available, yet they'll let me buy seats for normal fares...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #350) on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boy do we feel lucky...we used our frequent flyer miles on Delta to get tickets on Air Jamacia..had to bump the dates around alittle, but still able to fit it in our schedule...have to layover in Atlanta one night on the way home, but a check on Priceline should get us a cheap hotel at the airport, and we get to stay in Bonaire untill 4pm not leave at 6 am that awful time in the morning...will tell you later if it all works out, have never taken AJ before alway AA..I suspect that I made the call back in Oct and the cold weather had not hit yet..not people are just beging to pay high prices to "get outta town"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe brannan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #282) on Sunday, February 8, 2004 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Deb. I actually used Priceline from Bonaire the last day we were there in January and got $60 for the Airport Hilton in Miami. I'm thinking the Atlanta airport would be about the same. I tried priceline the last time we went to Bonaire (we travel from Tucson and have no choice to overnight in Miami)before we left for Bonaire and paid almost as much as rack rate. It's chancy but i've found with priceline, the cheaper prices show up closer to travel dates (UNLESS there's something going on where you need to go and everythings booked).

Happy trails

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration