BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Best airline for Miami to Curacao--DCA or AA
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Best airline for Miami to Curacao--DCA or AA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David K. Loy (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I are coming to Bonaire in April and are finalizing our flight plans. We will be leaving and returning thru Miami. The best and cheapest way from Miami to Curacao seems to be DCA--non-stop, less time waiting in Miami, etc. American also has flights via San Juan that will work but they cost more, not nonstop, more waiting at airports. Anyhow.....I get the feeling that DCA might not be the most reliable airline. How is their record from MIA to CUR? What would someone with previous experience do? I just want to get there and leave (yeah right) on the days that we have planned.

Thanks for your help.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Thomas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For the last 2 years we've flown Air Jamaica out of Miami, with a brief stop over in Montego Bay, and then on to Bonaire. I find them to be well organized, pleasant, and fairly timely. We, and luggage, fared fine. Of course, we may have had 2 good experiences to someone else's bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. Kritagent (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless you are really interested in visiting Jamaica, I strongly suggest looking at A/A 10:47 flight to Curacao and then making a 20 minute connection via Bonaire Exel or DCA to Bonaire. Right now flying DCA to Curacao and connecting to Bonaire is signficantly cheaper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By herman mowery (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #267) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have used the MIA/BON flight on DCA the last 2 years. So far it's been on time(+- 20 minutes)and no luggage lost. I am still debating on using them this year, if not then we will use AJ. The flight times on AA are not very good and from what I have heard here, lost luggage has been a problem.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration