BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonairExcel - Reliable?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: BonairExcel - Reliable?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, January 4, 2004 - 11:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will need to connect from either Aruba or Curacao. How dependable is BonairExcel?

Thanks as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #410) on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 8:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you can, go thru Cur....you have more options with Divi Divi, DCA or BE... BE operations in Aruba is a nightmare...I just got back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan van der List (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew BE couple of times between Bonaire and Curacao and were surpriced by their friendliness and their accuracy. I would certainly recommend flying BE. End of this week BE is going to fly 2 times a day between Aruba and Curacao. The legal fight between DCA and BE is over. (DCA lost)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #188) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 3:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will never ever enlist DCA again. That is twice I have had flights cancelled. Bonaire Excel was great. I hope they stay in business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #432) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 7:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

my problems with BE were the Aruba-Bonaire route; ground operations (ticket counter) in Aruba is still disfunctional. Other friends using BE from Cur compliment the service...competition is great for the consumers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hope BE improves it's aruba/bonaire service. we have friends who will be on aruba and want to visit us for a few days next month. they plan on buying the tickets a few days in advance so i hope that helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #434) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

if your friends have several days in Aruba, they should not have a problem. Advise them not to wait until the last minute to get their tickets...the flights are empty but the ticket agent isn't quick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #104) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks gregg...they own a timeshare there. he will be there from feb. 1-14. she'll be on aruba feb. 7-14. they want to get her ticket to bonaire as soon as she lands in aruba...then they'll fly over and visit us on feb. 11-12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 11:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saved a bunch of $$ booking with Delta on line. Thus, I'm going to try and make the Bonairexcel flt at 4:30 Aruba to Bonaire.

Since I can't reserve or book ahead with Bonairexcel, will I have a problem getting two seats? I will be traveling in May.

As always, thanks for everyones help.

Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #469) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 8:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kevin,

I took the delta flight on my last trip to Bonaire and made the BE connection. You should get there about an 1 1/2 before the BE flight. However, I encourage you to run to the BE ticket counter (outside the terminal turn right)...I barely caught the flight because the ticketing process in Aruba is so dysfunctional ...I've made this connection 3 times now and each time the experience at the BE ticket counter is the same. You shouldn't have any trouble getting two seats. I've never seen more than 6 people on the plane. Insist that the ticket agent grant you an additional 10 kg weight for scuba equipment. Once you get your tickets, you will have to go back thru immigration...Aruba does not have a transit lounge...good luck

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration