BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Going to Bonaire from Toronto, Canada
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Going to Bonaire from Toronto, Canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mitch sisak (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #12) on Thursday, January 1, 2004 - 5:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello!
We are planning our third trip to Bonaire from Toronto, Canada but this time since Canada 3000 is out of business. Would somebody be kind enough to tell us which is the best and cheapest way to get to Bonaire from Toronto? Thank you very much!
Mitch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #867) on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 3:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I sort of think Air Transat or Royal may have some charters. There's a company out of London, Ont, I think, that puts together trips from Canada. They're called, I think, SqubaBonaire (or something Squba -- Note, not scuba!) Do an internet search for them. We used them on our first trip to Bonaire in 1999 (using Canada 3000), and I just got their new brochure. I'm on Bonaire now, so I can't just go and find it.

Good luck, Mitch.
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Bayford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 9:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mitch, you might want to check out Sky Service Airlines in Toronto. Apparently they fly to Aruba or Curacao and I spoke to someone who has used them to get to Bonaire. We couldn't get a flight out of Vancouver this time without re-morgaging our house, so we are flying out of Seattle with American Airlines. I believe they have a routing out of Toronto-Chicago-San Juan-Bonaire, so check them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #343) on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 9:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

is it not possible to drive over to Buffalo and then take Jet Blue to Miami and then air Jamica or DCA to Bonaire ? have you checked out this connection ? seems to me it would be worth the drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #870) on Saturday, January 3, 2004 - 1:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbi, does Jet Blue go to Miami. I thought they only went to Orlando?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #177) on Saturday, January 3, 2004 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie -

According to their Web site (http://www.airjamaica.com/destinations/Northamer.asp), AJ does fly out of Miami (Orlando, also).

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jill Ganderton (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #129) on Tuesday, January 6, 2004 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mitch,
Just returned to Toronto after a fabulous trip to Bonaire over Christmas and New Years.
This time we used American from T.O. to Miami and on to Curacao, and hopped with Divi Divi Air (excellent and easy) from there to Bonaire. It was a much quicker route for us than through San Juan, and, bonus!, we didn't have to take that early flight out of Bonaire on the way home...didn't leave Bonaire till 1:15pm and were home by midnight.
sunquest.ca currently has flights running on a Sunday, Toronto to Curacao, not sure if they go all summer though so it will depend whern you are travelling. If you'd like more info, feel free to e-mail.
Cheers!
Jill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #871) on Tuesday, January 6, 2004 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just saw Julie from Toronto at Gibi's for the Tuesday night BT dinner. She came on Skyservice from Toronto to Curacao and said it worked great. I'm sure a Toronto travel agent will have details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1327) on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Josie,

I met a man who also took this airline to CUR and had raves. I am trying to get Bonaire Exel to develop a relationship where they have a flight that accommodates both arrival and departure..super market to tap!

Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilles (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mitch, my sister went to Aruba couple days ago.
She used a direct flight from Toronto.

She read in many newspaper that Bonair Exel Company has many flight between Aruba and Bonaire during the week.

Good luck
Personaly I will evaluate this alternative for our next trip to Bonaire

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration