BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Passport needed?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Passport needed?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Graves on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do I need a passport to gain entry to Bonaire?
I am a US citizen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 10:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, you don't although it is easier to use. An official Birth Certificate and a valid driver's license works too. For anybody that needs more info then that look at the entry requirements page for other nationalities or more complicated situations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Flatley on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 12:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can I get in with a certified copy of my Birth Cerificate?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 9:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

yes for US and Canadinan citizens and also bring a drivers liscense or other photo ID...it is required...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Check with your airlines, one year beacause we had a layover in Aruba ,which is not uncommon,Air Aruba, from Newark, wanted only a passport. They almost wouldn't let us on the plane.
We obtained our's when we came home to save future hassels. Heard the same story happenning the next year to someonelse at the Air Aruba counter.
Having one just may save your trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I fully agree with you lorraine. Even though the various governments have no requirements, the airline personnel at times have the wrong information. Besides,a passport is just like a dive log boook...you keep a history of your travels and it becomes part of your memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 8:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The stamp at the Flamingo Airport is a picture of a flamingo flying, Your right, it is fun to collect them.
I like my collection of park disks.(what you buy for $10 to support the reef and marine park and is required and available at any dive shop). The whole set was available last year. I have all of ours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine -
Do you know if they would sell just one year?
I am missing a "pink' one! I don't know what happened to that one (mine). We have all the rest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 7:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Peggy,
I don't know if you can get just one. Last year
the marine park was selling the whole set.I think it was to commemorated the anniversay of the park. Maybe Michael, Jake or Linda would know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will look for pink one for you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Michael --
Would give anything to know where that one went to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just dug out my BC to see my collection.I leave them attached and noticed I am missing the beginging ones. Thought I had them all. We were certified in '91 and we aquired our own equipment gradually.the reason they are missing, my husband remined me, is that I used the earlier ones on key chains.
Another mission in May to add to my list of things to do. Cann't wait, the winter chill is here in NY now images of Bonaire keep me warm.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration