BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Security in Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Security in Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Shealer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How is the security in Aruba and Bonaire - Some of us are anxious about the trip.
thx
an american

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob caat (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The information below is from the U.S. State Department website, www.state.gov for the ABC islands. Petty crime exists everywhere I assume you are concerned with terrorism and extremist groups.

SAFETY AND SECURITY: Terrorism and kidnappings are unknown, and there are no extremist groups or areas of instability of that kind. Drug related organized crime exists within the Netherlands Antilles, but has not directly affected tourists in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (BonaireTalker - Post #71) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 4:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i have never met anyone on bonaire, man or woman, who said they were uneasy walking anywhere on the island day or night. we have walked on some very dimly lit streets and never had a problem. use common sense to avoid petty theft...lock your valuables, don't take expensive things in your car, lock your room when you're not there. i feel safer there than most places in the states. if you are concerned about terrorists, i agree with the above...i have never thought about terrorism while on bonaire.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration