BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Aruba to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Aruba to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Tarmey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there only 1 flight per day from AUA to BON?

It looks like this flight is also NOT non-stop. You have to hop to Curacao before Bonaire. BAH!

We have a timeshare in Aruba and would like to extend our vacation in Bonaire.

We visited Bonaire in the days of Air Aruba. It was possible to go direct from AUA to BON in those days.

Any info is appreciated!!!! TIA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1523) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 7:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are 3 scheduled flights daily on BonairExel all non-stop. They list 45 minutes but it really takes about 30.

DCA should have one-stop connections through Curacao but I can't find anything listed at all on their web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #372) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda,

Can you verify the BE schedule times posted by Mark Director on a previous subject from Aruba to Bonaire. Unless BE changed their schedule, I think Mark may have the schedule times backwards.

tks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1524) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

here is the schedule I have:

BONAIRE - ARUBA
DAYS DEP. ARR. FLIGHTNBR.
1234567 07.45 08.30 XT4320
1234567 13.00 13.45 XT4322
1234567 15.35 16.20 XT4324
ARUBA - BONAIRE
DAYS DEP. ARR. FLIGHTNBR.
1234567 09.05 09.50 XT4321
1234567 14.20 15.05 XT4323
1234567 19.10 19.55 XT4325

One question I do have is whether or not the times will stay the same now that the USA is off Daylight Savings time. We are always AST. So during the winter, we are one hour ahead of the east coast. The published schedule was good through October 25th. So...?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #373) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda,

thanks for the quick follow-up...the times you show are what I expected...the times posted by Mark were completely different and showed a departure time from aruba to bonaire as 1630. If this is true, it is great news for travellers from the US since they will now be able to arrive in Aruba and make that flight (all US flights except USAir). I would like to verify Mark's posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1525) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll see what I can track down on island.

Linda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #374) on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I received an email from Steve Sloop from marketing at BE confirming the change of the afternoon schedule. The afternoon direct flight from Aruba to Bonaire will now leave 1630 (4:30). Apparently Mark's info was correct. This is great news for the eastern 2/3s of the US who can get to Aruba on Delta, American and Continental by 1500 (3:00)and catch the flight to Bonaire. This routing should compete with AJ and offer those of us who can't get to an AJ gateway without overniting a chance to get to bonaire by 5:00'ish. Unfortunately, this will not help those travelling on USAir since it arrives at 4:00...too late to catch the connection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last flight from Aruba to Bonaire is now 20:45.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1530) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got the full scoop from BonairExel.
See: http://www.infobonaire.com/airlineinfo.html

The prices stayed them same.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration