BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: San Juan to Bonaire ?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: San Juan to Bonaire ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Graeme Anderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all im travelling in January to Bonaire. My flights are from:
San Juan to Bonaire, has anyone travelled this route and if so are there any issues or risks i should be aware of ?

Thanks Graeme

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3028) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Graeme we made that connection earlier this year. Assuming you are flying AA and have some layover time, it's pretty straight forward. The smaller planes use a connected terminal, where you take a bus to your Bonaire plane. We used this time to get booze at the duty free shop. You will have to check any medium sized carry-on's, they will take them from you by the plane and give them back when you get off in Bonaire. The planes are fairly small, but the flight is not that long.

Have a great time and let us know how it went.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Bayford (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 11:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The San Juan to Bonaire route is very, very common.
We had a great flight ( having already travelled 3 flights and 2 days just to get to SJ). We stayed overnight in SJ and the next day did a lot of people watching at this great little airport waiting for our flight. SJ is a jumping off point to most Caribbean Islands, so there are a lot of interesting people passing thru. No worries. Have a great time and enjoy the experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Graeme Anderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 2:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Cecil and Lorraine, for the replies.
Just wanted to make sure i wasn't getting myself into a bind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1290) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bring snacks from your originating destination. There is NO good place to get a light meal between the two concourses..(that I have found). I have been through this airport over a hundred times since living or traveling in the Caribbean and have NOT left the airport..one of these days...

As Lorraine alludes to, terminal one is very lively and good for people watching..crowded and HOT too.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1531) on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is an Admiral's Club at San Juan. Their web page says, 'Boarding passes issued'. That would be a big help. Have to remember that next time!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone tried to do any quick sightseeing in between flights while in SJ? We have a 4 hour layover and thought maybe a quick trip to Barcardi or El Moro?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1603) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Several people have reported on this in the past. Try a keyword search on San Juan, etc. Generally, they have done and enjoyed.

One caveat is that many times the SJ-BON leg is oversold so it is best to be near the front of the flight check-in line to get a boarding pass rather than spend the night in SJ.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration