BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: I just got my tickets to Bonaire.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: I just got my tickets to Bonaire.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fox on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 10:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Um, I'm Uh sorry... I just HAD to tell someone...

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussions....

David (yippee!!!!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go get it Babe, you earned it. WoooooHooo!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Currie on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sooooooo when are you going - or did I miss that post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can you fit me in your carry-on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Terrific!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fox on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

June 2 is the date of arrival, and I promise a full report.

It is a million years from now though........

David (waiting, but not too patiently...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim & I will be there then too ! Where are you staying, David?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fox on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine, I am thinking of staying at the Aqua Viva apts. I will be diving with Bon Bini. I have never been to Bonaire and I am finding it very hard to decide on where to stay. I guess I could change my diving and stay at somewhere that has it all, but I have heard that Bon Bini is really good. I figured that if I got my tickets I would be forced to decide on a place to stay. I am not an indecisive person, quite the opposite, but this has proven to be a tough one for me. I guess that part of the problem is that I will be alone this trip and without a dive partner. I really only want to shore dive this trip and I think that has made me unsure as to what to do. That and the fact that most of the resorts charge you for two even though I am one makes the money part tougher.

I will say that this board has been invaluable for information, I don't know what I would have done without everyone here. BTW, where are you guys staying?

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Rutt on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 12:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all. I've been lurking for awhile soaking up as much info as I can and decided to take the plunge and join in.

David: where are you flying from? My wife and I also arrive june 2 for our first trip to bonaire. (flying air jamaica out of boston). Staying at divi flamingo and I'm almost done with my open water course (got the 4 open water dives left).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

FYI to all divers. Your only committment to the shop you sign up with is that you arrange your tanks with them and go through an orientation and a check out dive at their facility. You also have to sign a liability reasease. If you decide to do a boat dive at another shop, then they will also require a serparate release. I always reccomend that if you are diving with one shop and wish to make a shore dive at a different resort's house reef, check with management and as a courtesy, let them know you are diving and they will let you know what they require. As long as you have done that, bought your park tag, etc. you are free to dive at any site with any other divers you may have met. The good thing about Bon Bini is they have a drive through tank station, as do many of the other shops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fox on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 10:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ken, I am flying in from San Francisco. I will be arriving in Bonaire at 8:30pm on Saturday the 3rd, ( I don't take off from SFO until 10:55PM on Friday). Congrats on finishing the open water course! I am signed up to take my advanced open water course soon after I arrive. I thought that Bonaire would be a good place to become a better diver!

Thanks for the note, I hope that I can meet you guys while you are down there. Now I simply must get a place to stay before they all fill up and I am sleeping on the beach.........!

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great that you have your tickets David! I'm leaving TOMORROW!!!!! And-I am doing my open water cert dives with... Bon Bini. We're staying at the Lion's Dive, where we stayed the first time we went (1998). It was great, as they have a full kitchen. You might want to e-mail Bon Bini about accomodations if you're still unclear, as they connect to several places on the island.\

Just to let you know-our experience with Bon Bini last time was terrific! My husband was diving, I was snorkeling, but we went on boats several times. They're a really good operation, with a nice storage facility for your gear so you don't have to lug it back and forth. I understand, since Lenny, they rebuilt the shop, and it's roomier-and as Michael said, they have drive up tank service. I feel very comfortable with doing my open water dives with them.

Enjoy, and I'll post when I get back-and let you know about Bon Bini!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 10:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

David, we are timeshare owners at the Divi, maybe we can meet for a drink at the ChibiChibi or Karl's. I'm sure Bon Bini will be able to help with shore diving info.
Ken, my husband & I were certified at the Divi, great place to finish certification, great people on their dive staff. We will see you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fox on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine, I will put a call in at Divi when I get there, it would be nice to meet some folks from the board here. I will look forward to meeting you both. Man, I have never been one to wish any part of my life away, but I cannot wait to get there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 5:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine:
I see that you are into your count-down mode. Hope you have a great trip...wish we were going back mid-year instead of waiting to January! Maybe next time.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration