BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Flight through San Juan with Hurricane Isabel approaching
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Flight through San Juan with Hurricane Isabel approaching
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Lube (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone think that there will be problems on our connecting flt in San Juan on the 20th Sept with ISABEL in the area????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4514) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 12:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

20th? Unlikely - Isabel should be well away from Puerto Rico by then. Current forecasts show her just about PR late on the 14th, early on the 15th. I'm flying north through San Juan on the morning Sunday the 14th and Isabel is a real concern to me. May have to reroute into Aruba and north from there. I'll see on Sunday morning, I guess...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1483) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 8:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks as though you may get to PR Su, but then what??? As you said, on Su morning.... Good luck. :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8558) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, good luck. That morning that Linda, Kelly and I left for SJ, that landing was a bit rough. Then SJ closed the tarmac due to the storm/Claudette residue as we were preparing to take off to Miami. We were the first plane to take off after they reopened the tarmac. That was the roughest takeoff I have ever experienced. One of the ceiling panels in the middle of the 767 feel off (and on top of the folks sitting below it) and the switch for the auto-pilot fell through the control panel in the cockpit! We were delayed in Miami because they had to get maintenance to come and put the dang plane back together! It was one ROUGH ride up to cruising altitude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1228) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HOLY COW..

We had a HORRID flight from Montego Bay to BOS Aug. 27th...the atmosphere over MIA was turbulent..so bad we were dropping and bouncing and all the Jamaican's were yelling "ah lawd have mercy...ah wad de hell mon is dis..."...I was so freaked out but managed to be the crowd control person telling everyone to stay calm..yikes..

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2592) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie...sounds like the same flight crew we had on AJ 5-24 when the pilot came on the PA system and said "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem"...then proceeded to tell us how the computer indicated we had no ground steering capabilities...this is while we are at about 37,000 feet altitude and ready to approach Bonaire from MB...you should have seen the faces on the crew members....I will not forget them as long as I live. Yee haw!!! Hold on tight folks....we're turning this craft around back to MB.....no prob, mon....we should be OK if they can tow us in to the gate....no prob, mon, take it teezy, mon." Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1229) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ughh..Scary flight indeed! The word PROBLEM should never be used in the air...

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. Kritagent (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #160) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Houston, we have a little "problem" Hmmm, that sounds familiar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2602) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 12:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of my first thoughts, as well, "C"....my first thought was not as calm, however!

Annie, you are correctemundo....no one flying an aircraft should ever open a statement to the cattle that they have a "problem"....it all ended with a safe landing, but.....Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration