BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Overnight in Montego Bay
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Overnight in Montego Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #320) on Sunday, September 7, 2003 - 10:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

has anyone stayed overnight in Montego Bay ? our connections have us making this stop and we have never been there...any tips on decent hotel for the short duration ? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #818) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbi, can't help you with MB, but am wondering when you'll be in BON -- hope we don't miss each other. I'm there December 29 - Feb 4

Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea (BonaireTalker - Post #84) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 7:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Definitely DO NOT stay at the Doctors Cave Beach Resort.....we got stuck there and Air Jamaica put us there and it was a horrible experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 8:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were stranded in Jamaica last year, courtesy of Air Jamaica. They put us up in the Sunset Beach resort. It was an all inclusive, not terribly far from the airport and it was pretty nice. I'm glad we got stuck on the way home rather than the way to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2582) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When we were "accommodated" by AJ in May of this year we ended up at the Holiday Inn/Montego Bay.;..also an all inclusive. I would never consider staying there again if we were to ever consider even visiting Jamaica....Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2583) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Jeff....unfortunately on our side trip it was on the way down to Bonaire....25 hour delay in arriving on Bonaire. NOT what we had in mind, at all. Atleast we finally got there, but very weary and very upset. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4510) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AJ put us up at the Half Moon Resort during a delay. Very nice resort.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2584) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 9:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sad scenario....seems as tho AJ has put a lot of us "up"! LOL. They are a great airline and we love to fly with them so I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. We will continue to fly with AJ and recommend them to others, as well.

Where was the Half Moon, Jake? Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #321) on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 11:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your recommendations..I'll look up Half Moon Bay...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbi,

Wyndham Rose Hall is very clean with friendly people and also has a great water park for playing.

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4519) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole, no clue where the Half Bay Resort was, other than less than 20 minutes from the airport.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2589) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Jake. I'll never forget our "ride" to the Holiday Inn from the airport...it felt as if we were riding on bombed out roadways...very, very in need of pothole repairs and repaving! A ride which will not soon be forgotten! Our ride was fairly short, too, thank goodness.

If AJ has to put us up again (which I hope they will not) we will be certain to ask for the Half Moon Bay resort or another spot. Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1486) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,

This url is for a 'Half Moon, Rose Hall, Montego Bay'. It may be the place Jake is talking of. Doesn't say quite where but the 'what' seems impressive; not a typical Holiday Inn!

http://www.visitjamaica.com/resorts/mobay/lodgings_hotels_general.aspx?guid=dda9a6da-a9d5-4bd1-8632-c73015546829

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2593) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 8:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen, thanks for the link. It looks like a very nice spot. "If" we ever find the need to stay overnight in MB bay again, we will request Half Moon Bay Resort! Thanks. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1487) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 10:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,

A fine point perhaps: I, too, thought 'Half Moon Bay at first but they just use 'Half Moon". Might not know what you mean with the 'Bay"! I think Half Moon Bay is north of 'Frisco, where Drake lost his ship. It does look like a place to ask for; sounds as though AJ may not care where they put people up. :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2603) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 12:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen, if AJ will ship Joe and I (me) up to Half Moon Bay north of SF I will gladly go!! My favorite City in the world is SF! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #322) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks for all your input everybody...have changed our connections and now have no overnight in Montego Bay , but will keep the recommendations in mind if AJ has to " put us up " as they say..now have to overnight in Atlanta on the way home but that I can deal with using priceline.com..using this has gotten us great deals on hotels for our business trips, ....now let's see how many times the schedule changes between now and Feb...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1234) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbi or ANYONE, have you ever used Priceline to get to BON?

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #323) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got off priceline to book hotel for business travel stay within the states, but hav'nt used yet for airtravel..afraid of the no cancelation policy, they have insurance you can buy ,but hav'nt tried yet yet ...am very pleased with the results of the hotel prices and picks, hav'nt been disappointed yet with that..anybody else fo airfare ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #218) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have used Priceline for airfare within the US when I did not have a strict schedule and was pleased with the price. Tried to use it for Belize last summer and they rejected all my offers even though I followed the recommended pricing based on what I was seeing as current airfare. They even came back with a suggested price that was HIGHER than if I booked directly with USAir. Am not sure I would try priceline for Bonaire given my experience for Belize. Like Debbie I have been pleased with hotels in the US that I have booked through priceline.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration