BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Rochester, NY to Bonaire -- need help!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Rochester, NY to Bonaire -- need help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Thursday, September 30, 1999 - 11:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We hope to spend four weeks in Bonaire in Feb-March 2000, but are having great difficulty finding a convenient/affordable flight. This year we flew Canada3000 from Toronto to Curacao, connecting with ALM to Bonaire, but they won't book us for four weeks unless we pay DOUBLE fare (they mostly handle package tours on their Monday-only flights, and seem to be always full).

Anybody got any information on anything reasonable -- we can go from Rochester, Toronto, Buffalo, and perhaps even Cleveland (I'd hate that as it's a five hour drive on the NYS Thruway in winter!!)

Our schedule is flexible, we'd just like to go sometime around Feb 10 or so, for four weeks.

We appreciate any input. Thanks, Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - Bonaire E-News on Friday, October 1, 1999 - 8:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

I can't tell from your message if you already checked with Canada 3000 for the coming season or not. First, C3000 is doing direct flight from Toronto to Bonaire, with a stopover in Curacao on the way back, starting December 20th. Second, I was under the impression that the C3000 flight would include some scheduled air seats, which would permit a four week stay without having to pay double (I say this because I was told that we could get tickets from Bonaire to Toronto on this flight if we wanted, which implies that the flight is not strictly charter).

Let me know if you find out differently...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Dimick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My friends and i are preparing to book a flight on Canada3000 for the week of Feb 7th to 14th. for approx. $425 USDollars. It leaves on a monday and returns on a monday.!! Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Friday, November 5, 1999 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, we really wanted to use Canada3000, because although it's a 3-1/2 hour drive from Rochester, and we needed to stay overnight the night before the flight, the price was great, and a direct flight would be heaven.

However, they wouldn't book for four weeks. Apparently because most of their seats are for one or two week packages, they don't believe they'll sell the seats, and as they are, or have been, always fully booked, they don't need to take our booking and run this risk. Bummer!!

However, we did find a Delta/ALM connection from Rochester, but at $650 each, so it's a big cost difference. We absolutely couldn't find any other way to get there.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration