BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Caracas/Bonaire connections
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Caracas/Bonaire connections
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gino nigrino (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a direct connection? I need one, anyone, for the 3 August...I'll be in caracas airport.
thanks,
Help me please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1137) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No direct connection Gino, sorry. No yet anyway. For now, you'll need to go via Curacao.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gino nigrino (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 2:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Also with boats, ships, ferryboats leaving from Caracas port? Incredible, it's just a 80 km far island and no direct connections with any way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Dessau (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gino,
Venezuela is so close yet so far from Bonaire.
In the past divers would charter a plane from Caracas to Bonaire, Molina Viajes had experience with that using either an Aeropostal or Avensa plane. At one point there were regular flights from Caracas to Bonaire but alas no more.
By sea there was also a ferry from Coro Venezuela to Curacao and at one time it even served Bonaire.
Those days are gone. Your best bet might be to try and charter a private plane in Curacao to come and pick you up. A single engine Cessna can do the trick or you can see if there is an air taxi in Venezuela. Good luck! Half the fun is getting there.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration