BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonairExel Schedule & Fees
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: BonairExel Schedule & Fees
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4442) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got the following as the confirmed times for BonairExel flights. These times apply every day of the week, Monday through Sunday, starting next week (hopefully! - I am still hearing about Monday or Tuesday as the official flight start date). Cost for these flights should be on par or below the best price currently offered by DCA and Avia Air (for the Aruba/Bonaire leg). Schedules for Aruba/Curacao still pending.

Jake

----------------------------------------
BONAIRE - CURACAO
DepArrFlight
06.3007.00XT4300
08.3009.00XT4302
10.3011.00XT4304
12.3013.00XT4306
14.3015.00XT4308
16.3017.00XT4310
19.0019.30XT4312
CURACAO - BONAIRE
DepArrFlight
07.3008.00XT4301
11.3012.00XT4303
12.0012.30XT4305
13.3014.00XT4307
15.3016.00XT4309
18.0018.30XT4311
20.0020.30XT4313
BONAIRE - ARUBA
DepArrFlight
07.4508.30XT4320
13.0013.45XT4322
15.3516.20XT4324
ARUBA - BONAIRE
DepArrFlight
09.0509.50XT4321
14.2015.05XT4323
19.1019.55XT4325

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Jake,
Any idea approximately what the prices will be. Don't DCA's and Avia's prices range all over the place?

Darryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4449) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Darryl,

I was told that BonairExel's fares will be less than the lowest rates offered by Avia and DCA. Might only be a guilder difference, but the indication is that BE's fares will definitely be competitive.

As soon as I get a copy of the new rates (should have been determined today I heard), I'll post them.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #310) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

in spite of the announced schedule, the start up of BE is great news to all of us who go regularly to Bonaire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #213) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah,
My wife and I have a timeshare as well, so its likely that in the future we'll spend a week on Aruba, and then fly to Bonaire for a week. With frequent economical flights it should be doable.

Darryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kitty @ CrystalVisions (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #263) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 3:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BonairExel fares advertised in Extra, local newspaper, today.

Excluding taxes:
Bonaire - Curacao Naf. 110 (USD 62) return
Bonaire - Aruba Naf. 224 (USD 126) return
Curacao - Aruba from Naf. 172 (USD 97) return

The fares from Bonaire are (a tiny bit) lower than the competitors.

Cheers!
Kitty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 3:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kitty, is that one-way or RT, the $126.00 US? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisandro (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 3:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Today DCA in name of his CEO Mario Evertsz declared that Bonairexel has no rights to transport passengers between the islands of Curacao & Aruba vice versa.

Why can DCA can and BE not??? It's up to the Government of the Neth. Antilles now to grant BE this rights before this Monday. I'm just curious what is going to happen now with those scheduled flights if they decide not to give BE the right to transport passengers between this two sister islands....

The battle has just began between DCA and Bonairexel, it's not surprising ALM did this too when Air Aruba began flying in the 80's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kitty @ CrystalVisions (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #264) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gary, it says return in the ad and that's what I copied......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (BonaireTalker - Post #83) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 8:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Return" = "Roundtrip"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 11:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Captured these on Aug 13.

/image{BonaireExelLanding,BonaireExelLanding}

Image of ATR-42 on approach for a touch-n-go (landing with immediate take-off). Pilots are getting last minute practice before startup day.

/image{BonaireExelPlanes,BonaireExelPlanes}

Zoomed image of Embraer Regional Jet (ERJ-145) with one of two ATR-42's behind it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 11:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, first image:

BonaireExelLanding

Second image:

BonaireExelPlanes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 11:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also have some video of the ATR-42 making approaches as well as the Divi Divi Islander and the KLM MD-11. As soon as I get them posted to a suitable host, I'll post a url here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 8:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Monday the 13th..... KLM coming from Equador going to Amsterdam had a technical problem in Quito and would not come ... 35 passengers on Bonaire waiting for their flight home to Amsterdam... the flight Curacao-Amsterdam had empty seats... somebody from Bonaire phoned airport Curacao if the BE may be used to bring the passengers to Curacao... yes was the surprising answer... so BE got ready, plane checked... passengers on board... and of they go... before arriving Curacao, somebody over there protested because DCA was not asked first and so no right anymore to land ...back to Bonaire and waiting for the DCA.... came a 18.30 and could have taken 12 of the 35 stranded passengers... but it was anyhow too late to catch the KLM in Curacao.....
I guess that is the kind of trouble BE will have to deal with for the first few months at least...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #311) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 1:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

and we think our politicians are childish...in the U.S. This type of activity continues to increase the ever growing divide. Who in either Bonaire or Cur could support this behavior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1158) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well I for one feel that Bonaire is better off on it's own, a status aparte like Aruba has. Problem is, the Dutch government doesn't want 6 separate islands. There was a strong argument in Amigoe yesterday that they can't close their eyes for that possibility anymore; the Statute is almost 50 years old, unchanged over time, but the world and the Kingdom has changed a lot in those years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Dessau (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good evening,
Could not help but notice the conflict in the air about DCA and Bonair Exel. The story about KLM just by chance calling on Bonaire Exel might be explained by the following web site: http://home.deds.nl/~pslimburg/Specials/KLMexel/klmexel.htm
It would also explain why the people at DCA found a way to respond. The bottom line is that the airlines are playing games and the passengers are being used like tennis balls in a match but
Wimbledon it is not....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1465) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The good news from LD's referenced site is that Exel is experienced, not a start-up, as might be concluded from all we have seen here and in the Bonaire newspapers. They have been through a number of changes but that can be reasonable for a small airline today. We shall see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4461) on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack Chalk, and 30 or so other Bonaire tourism folks flew BonairExel to Aruba and back yesterday - positive comments on the experience from Jack when I spoke to him. I asked him to post pictures and a story here.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 2:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jake and All,

Sorry it took so long to post the requested short story...myself and about 15 other BONHATA members flew to Aruba on Wednesday at the invitation of BonairExel and gave a presentation to around 15-25 Travel Agents and other tourism related folks on Aruba.

The flight we were on left promptly at the scheduled time and actually arrived in Aruba a few minutes early. We were met by dignitaries from the Aruban Government, Airport and Tourism Authorities complete with a water canon salute from the firetrucks at the airport. This was the official Inauguaral Flight from Bonaire to Curacao.

The plane is very comfortable and I think a little more roomier than the AAEagle ATR's. I guess because this is an ATR 42 and the Eagle planes are ATR 72's.

Our presentation on Bonaire and BonairExel was enthusiastically received by all in attendance. The rest of the day was spent either shopping, eating or making one on one business calls. We all met again at the airport for the 7:10 p.m. flight back home which, again, left promptly on time and landed a few minutes early in Bonaire.

The crew were extremely professional, courteous and friendly.

The pictures are of the interior of the plane, the plane on the ground in Aruba, Arian van der Werf, Asst. Gen. Mgr of BonairExel giving his part of the presentation to the Aruba folks and the Bonaire delegation.

interior
plane
presentation
Bonaire_delegation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #198) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OOPS...forgot to mention that representatives from the TCB (Tourism Corporation Bonaire) office also accompanied us on the trip.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, BONHATA stands for the Bonaire Hotel & Tourism Association. For more info you can check out the web site at http://www.bonhata.org

Jake said it was OK for me to put the web site address here...;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #124) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack -

These are sights most of us thought we would just never live to see!

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to take, prepare and post the pictures. And thank you for your enthusiastic participation in the "birthing" of BonairExel on Aruba.

May we join BONHATA in a most sincere congratulations to BonairExel and a wish for a successful and expanding service.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #314) on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, Jack, Michael, Marc...anybody

How do we book a ticket? I checked Travelocity, Expedia, Northwest, and United...they are still not listing the flights...I'm coming to Bonaire in 3 weeks thru Aruba and want to book

tks for your help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 8:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When I checked yesterday for flights around the December timeframe, Orbitz returned several options with connections through Aruba on BE. It also returned one option connecting through Cur. I don't know if they are listing flights just 3 weeks out but they are for later in the year. Good Luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Eberhard (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How do we contact Bonairexel for reservations. Do they have a website or phone number. Any representation in Miami? Those that have traveled to Bonaire a few times have been waiting for another airline for quite awhile! This is great news!

Mike Eberhard, Miami

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #315) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Orbitz won't search for flights that do not originate in the U.S. Since I already bought my tickets to Aruba, I need to be able to book AUA => BON RT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Oglesby (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mike, here's what I found:

Home: http://www.klm-exel.nl/site_nl.asp (unless you read Dutch, see the English link on bottom left)

Contact: http://www.klm-exel.nl/en/html/algemeen/about/info/info.asp

General FAQ: http://www.klm-exel.nl/en/html/algemeen/about/faq/general/general.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #316) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brent,

these links only direct me to the Northwest Airlines site which does not have the BE flights listed...I tried this site previously

tks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4469) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Drop an e-mail to info@bonairexel.an, or better yet, contact a local travel agent who will undoubtedly be able to set you up with flights. The on-line services are a wee bit limited in some respects (this being one of them).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip gelber (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

At the risk of being permanently branded as politically incorrect, I must remind us all that members of this discussion group know better than anyone else on earth, what a collection of surly, non-working, non-caring collection of human beings worked for ALM. What makes anyone think that BonaireExel will do a better job?

My "credentials" for making this comment:

First trip 1986.
Average 2 trips/year over 17 years (range 0-4)
Nights spent in Curacao because the last CUR-BON flight never took off: 5
Overbooked/bumped: 5
Times landed on time: extremely rare
Times gear never arrived: 11
Times gear lost completely: 2
Times stranded on Bonaire, flights cancelled: unfortunately never

rgds-pg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Could you --anyone on Bonaire --thanks---ask Excel to e-mail me? I think their local phone on Bonaire is 717-3471 and fax 717-3472. I am having difficulty getting connected to make a reservation for Friday Sept 5 going to Aruba from Bonaire on the first flight and coming back that same day in the evening. Phil Denton-- dentonph@bellsouth.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #319) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I called NWA today to see if they could book the BE flight... nope, guess I'll try Jake's suggestion...email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 7:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ferina.goeloe@bonairexel.an has helped me book my flight to and from Aruba.
They have been very nice--and contacted me after my request yesterday. Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #320) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 9:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

phil,

tks...that's just the contact I've been looking for...I'll email them tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Could someone on-island please update us on BonairExel's operating progress?

Are they meeting their flight schedule? How about their on-time record? What is their load factor?

Any news on when to expect their Web site?

Muchas gracias.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4475) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No clue on the Web site. On time record so far (according to an airport source) has been 100%. Load factor increasing slowly to reasonable capacity.

Philip - All those surly people still work for ALM reincarnate - known as DCA. Also, BonairExel is not a place for the Curacao politicians to give jobs to buddies - one of its major goals of BonairExel is to provide connections to/from KLM flights landing in Bonaire and Curacao, which means that it needs to meet KLM's standards, which in turn are a wee bit more stringent and higher than those of ALM/DCA, I think.

Of course, some of this could be wishful thinking, but I think Bonaireans are collectively sick & tired of Curacao's antics and attitude, and will do whatever they can to avoid equivalency comparisons to Curacao, which means doing a better job, hopefully doing it right.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #130) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 6:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake -

Thanks for the update. Sounds as if they are off to a solid start. Most encouraging.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sargent (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #30) on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Short story... call a travel agent as was suggested... or... the airline said just get the tickets when we get to Aruba... didn't sound like they had any worries that you could get a ticket.

To get flight information from Aruba to Bonaire, from the U.S. you can call Northwest Airlines International Reservations @ 1-800-447-4747, ask them for information on KLM BonairExel flight from Aruba to Bonaire. They wouldn't let us make a reservation... unless we were from Amsterdam. SO... They said to call a travel agent to do the reservation.

The price we were quoted was 112 gilders, ~$63USD, each way for this Thursday, 4 Sep '03... plus taxes I'm sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1213) on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 10:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I paid 107 guilders round trip for Maggie and 144,00 for me..112,00 each way is wayyy too much. BTW, the weekend of the 22nd the DCA and Bonaire E and Divi flights were EMPTY..there are TOO many flights to CUR..

:-(

BUMPY ride..wohhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1214) on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 10:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

oh the same weekend my friend paid 112, 00 naf on DCA..I paid for her ticket as she has no cc and she paid me back. DCA charged me double on my credit card..took two weeks to sort it out..Her flight was empty..the 112,00 was for the little planes only..

I prefer BON X as it's roomier but the Divi people are very nice..just too darn small for my liking..I am very claustrophobic..

I wish BX well..

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sargent (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 7:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So... Ann, how did you manage to find 144 return fare? I've only seen 112 each way advertised.

Travel agents in USA say they can't buy the tickets, so we will just see what's available when we get to AUA 2pm Friday... could it be cheaper buying tickets in person?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1217) on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Wayne,

I went to the airport kiosk and Irene helped me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gwen Wildeboer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

About two weeks ago, my friend and I flew BonairExel for the first time too. We paid 289 guilders round trip, for the two of us. So that makes 144,50 per person, incl. fuel tax and things like that and the airport tax on Curacao, but not the airport tax on Bonaire (10 guilders per person). Everything was very convenient, and not a bumpy ride at all! By the way, if anyone wants a cheap place to stay on Curacao, not with a fancy beach or big room, but a nice place to sleep because you're on the way the whole day, think about the 'Keizershof'. It's in Otrobanda, but in walking distance of the bridge to Punda, so you don't have to search for hours for a parking place for your car. Especially the restaurant is very nice, also when you're staying somewhere else. Checkout their 'Sliptong' (small soles) on Friday, fresh (really!) from Holland and delicious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1218) on Thursday, September 4, 2003 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Was that area noisy at night Gwen?

Hope you are well..

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gwen Wildeboer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Annie,

No, the area wasn't noisy at all, or we were too fast asleep, tired as we were... ;)
There is a bar and a cafe downstairs, but we didn't have any trouble at all!
I'm fine, because I'm still on this wonderful island, but coming Monday it's over for us too...
How are you doing there, back in the USA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1219) on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 3:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gwen,

We are ok, back to the grind. Maggie loves school.

Keep in touch via

ann@bonairewindsurfing.com

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Petra Boke (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 7:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

After all we should not forget that since more than two years already there is an airline flying even more often and cheap reliable between Bonaire and Curacao. Their web site www.flydivi.com.

This message has been edited by a Moderator to remove pricing information, which is a violation of Bonaire Talk Policy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1287) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 7:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Petra,

I think Divi is a super airline. Most reliable. I just do not do well on the small planes, but it IS a quick flight.

I wonder, do the 3 airlines seem to be carrying capacity flights? To me, there are WAY too many flights to CUR.

Did the SXM flights open up on BE yet? Anything non stop planned to Caracas?

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Robinson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 10:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann -
That kiosk that you mentioned - is it in Bonaire? I will be arriving Aruba on 4 Dec, then fly to Bonaire 5 Dec, return to Aruba 12 Dec. Is BE still flying?
Can't wait to get back to Bonaire. Came last summer (2002) with my son, almost came last Christmas but the schedule did not work out. So am coming this year. Yippee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4667) on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BonairExel continues to fly, and the kiosk Ann refers to is now office space where the old departure lounge used to be, I believe.

And Divi is still flying too.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By herman mowery (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #242) on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 11:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

Any word on the BE flights to/from Miami? Last I heard they were supposed to fly that route but I have not seen any mention of it here lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4678) on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 7:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not a peep, Herman. The latest struggle is still flights between Curacao/Aruba. I think flights to St. Maarten will be the next hot topic after that, and after that, no idea (although I guess Venezuelan air ports will be a priority, due to proximity). I'm still also hoping to see inter-airline agreements materialize that that folks flying to Bonaire via Aruba and Curacao can book it all on one flight record.

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration