BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: American Airlines E-Tickets
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: American Airlines E-Tickets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Lube (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

has anyone bought e-tickets from American Airlines on line for your trip to Bonaire, and if so how long did it take to receive your flight confirmation back from them??????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7253) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tod, I bought e-tickets from AA. I got my email confirmation within 24 hours. I did have one problem though. A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from them that they had cancelled my flight (from LAX to San Juan). To make a long story short...after the agent I called told me that my only other option was to go a day early to SJ, and spend the night and fly to Bon the next day. I called back and spent almost and hour and half on the phone with another agent and she got me on a "later" redeye (is that even possible???) to SJ, and so I don't have to go one day early and get stuck in SJ for 24 hours...THEN she told me that she couldn't re-issue my e-ticket because of the change, that I would have to go to the airport to get my ticket. So, off I go to the airport...the gal there told me I did not need to do that and reservations was wrong...SO I spent an hour at the airport trying to get SOMETHING of a confirmation of the change. The gal at the airport didn't have authorization to issue the new ticket...I did however come away with a paper confirmation...whew...talk about wanting to make e-ticketless travel easy...NOT!

Oh, and one week from right now I will be sitting in the SJ airport waiting for my flight to Bon:-)

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Strozier (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We used e tickets to go to Anguilla in May and had no problem. We received our confirmation within 24 hours. We are using them for Bonaire in September as well and have received our confirmation on them. Just double check everything and call them if something is wrong. We have, nock on wood, had no problem with e tickets thus far.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1162) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 5:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I use e tickets mostly and it works out fine. Just make darn sure you have boarding passes for the San Juan/Bonaire leg. They ALWAYS overbook at least one flight in that departure area. It's a hoot. They offer vouchers starting at 200 and if you wait longer they usually go up to 350.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #190) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also have used the e tickets on AA - Boston - Bonaire--- and got confirmation within 24 hrs--- However - up until last Feb-- you had to be manually checked in as it is an international flight...and you need to show all the documents etc.... So the ease of an e-ticket no line wait-- is really wait in line--- if your flight leaves early enough in the morning they will most likely give you your boarding passes etc for the SJ flight to Boanire-- If not--just make sure that your seats are available---if they say no--- don't panic---

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7259) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 5:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, thanks for the heads up on the boarding pass for SJ to Bon leg...I don't want to get stuck after almost 24 hours of travel to get there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1163) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is a cool tip:

If you go to the AA web site and log in, you can enter the flight info and create an alert that will later create a text or voice message confirming departure times and gates. I use this when guests are flying in as well as for my own flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wijkhof-Wimberly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #511) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 6:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Old San Juan is a neat place. My sister and I had a ball there. Once you are at your hotel you can take the free trolley all around Old San Juan or the $.25 bus or ferry to places all over the greater San Juan area. Taxi's to and from the airport are $16 plus $.50 for each large bag. It cost my sister and I $19.50 for the taxi ride each way with all of our bags. We spent a dollar total each on the buses and the ferry. El Morro fort and the other places run by the park service cost to get into, I can't remember for sure I think it was $2.50 or $3.00 each. We ate at Mojitos/Mofongos (I can't remember the name for sure, blame jet lag) on Calle Recinto Sur and had great meals each time. It is just a couple of blocks from the Hotel Milano or the Wyndam Old San Juan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7261) on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linnea, thanks. I will print that out in case they screw up my flight. At this point though, I leave at 12:55AM on 7/3, and arrive on Bonaire at 7:35PM 7/3....i'ts gonna be one LOOOONNGGGG day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2649) on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used e-tickets for our trip. No problems, checked in, in Boston with only a ID and got both boarding passes. I got a conformation by e-mail which I thought was pretty cool. I was going to buy on-line but called instead, nice to talk to a human.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Bauer (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 11:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Although I have never actually needed the confirmation at the airport, you should have a copy with you. AA is pretty good about sending it within 24 hours. On my last trip to Bonaire however, I didn’t receive the automatic confirmation via email until after I got back. In this case you can call AA Electronic Ticket Sending and they’ll generate a manual copy for you. The number is: 1-800-394-4880

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Lube (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 12:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I finally got tired of messing around with the e-ticket thing. I drove the 1 1/2hrs to the airport, showed the person at the ticket counter the flight I wanted, and paid cash, they gave me my tickets, and I went home happy.

Hopefully I don't need any more than that.

78 days and counting..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Oglesby (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So e-tickets are possible for international travel. I didn't know that until now. I have just assumed that e-tickets weren't issued for flights to BON because it was an international flight. Now I know that's not the reason I have been forced to accept paper tickets by travelocity.com. Perhaps it's just a travelocity.com tactic to get an additional $20 from me by mailing me paper tickets via FedEx. Or it could be an Air Jam charge, but I doubt that's the case. Basically, travelocity.com indicated that "e-tickets are not available for this flight" and then I was provided two delivery options for the paper tickets: FedEx 2nd day for $20 or FedEx next morning for $30. They call it the "local delivery" charge. Ridiculous!

If you know who (i.e. agent or airline) gets this money and why, then I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration